• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Chief Pilot and Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACTUALLY, it was 83 Saabs. 49 B+, 11 B- from pinnacle (returned to PNCL), and 23 A models (returned to Saab Leasing and under litigation). But that was only for a short time.
We'll, your math works, but the timing doesn't. Some of the "A" models were returned well prior to the first straight "B" from 9E. Then again it doesn't really matter. I think we both agree that we need a bunch of airplanes to get even where we once were, before it is considered "Growth".

From inside the HR walls at XJ...

The website has advertised for just a few days openings for Pilots. They AVERAGE 100 resume submissions a day.

No matter what happens, there is still someone out there willing to work in a bad situation, as long as it is a jet pilot job.

well between the current (never furloughed) pilots and the recalls bidding the jet good luck any new hire getting a jet seat....

besides that any fool putting in a resume here instead of spirit or pinnacle (yes in that order duh) may God have mercy on thier soul... naw never mind they don't deserve it...

besides that any fool putting in a resume here instead of spirit or pinnacle (yes in that order duh) may God have mercy on thier soul... naw never mind they don't deserve it...

Why Pinnacle over XJ? The XJ contrat is still better than Pinnacles...not to mention the professionalism of the pilot group. XJ is the one in growth mode now, not 9E. As far as spirit, CFI's coming out of the pilot factories aren't competetive or qualified to fly for Spirit. I take it your not taking the recall?

Didn't you just ask this question the other day..... "so do we need to fax that form in again with the CR9 choices or can we use the electronic form like before furlough?"

So new hires are Fools for applying but your the smart guy for taking the recall. Whats the difference? Too bad you don't deserve any mercy on your soul

Last edited:
From inside the HR walls at XJ...

The website has advertised for just a few days openings for Pilots. They AVERAGE 100 resume submissions a day.

No matter what happens, there is still someone out there willing to work in a bad situation, as long as it is a jet pilot job.
Those hundreds probably applied to every other regional as well.

The only difference between a pinnacle pilot and a mesaba pilot is whether they paid for their training, and the quality of their training department.
I hear this crap about our (mesaba) contract being so much better; in reality the work rules amount to about a 6% improvement over pinnacle's, but the fact is, a Pinnacle captain is making a LOT more money than a saab captain, with likely half the seniority, and is based where that saab capt. would like to be. Where will that saab capt. most likely be in two years with the 36 crjs?
On the saab...
Who has the better deal?

The other thing in common between the groups is the opportunity to be whipsawed by not only the three mgmt. teams, but mainline and natl. alpa.
Why anyone would consider making a career here as a red tail fee for departure pilot is beyond reason, and is based on the illusion of security...

yeah and about the differences between the two XJ and 9E is that if I was hired there at Pinnacle, i would be a crj captain by now making 60 something an hour. Now the best bet I have at Mesaba is a possible upgrade to a saab making what, 48 an hour for a 5-6 year capt. Oh thats a crappy schedule out of memphis....yeah I am real excited about doing that.....but most likely I will. The best thing that could happen is we get 50-90 crj 900's and attrition stays steady. I am sure the attrition will be greater than the averaged they have forcasted.

xjhawk: but just think of what a fancy crashpad you(and/or) I can get with the proceeds from the bankruptcy claim payout! You'll be living high in Melvis...

Compass Airlines

Does anybody have a web address or physical address/Fax for Compass?

Appreciate any info!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back