• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Chief Pilot and Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, the XJ pilots didn't burn it down because, after all the crap, the concessions essentially amounted to a 5% pay cut over 2 years. From 2-4 years, the cut works it's way from 5% to 0%, ending up at where our previous contract would be in 4 years. That place is: middle to upper middle of the road, with above average work rules
So your pay will be at 2005 levels while everyone else has moved on with (hopefully) better agreements. I guess that's fine for those who are part of the claim, but it screws the newhires.

I was told in 99 during the interview that I would be a CA in 2-3 years due to growth. End result was that it took over 5 years. There was no more growth. A models started to leave with no replacements. Down rades/furloughs in 2001. Routes given to Pinnacle in DTW and MSP. Downgrades/furloughs happened again, Avros sent to the desert in 2003....rinse and repeat in 2005.

As stated before, the top 200 are not leaving, ever. Those are CA slots that will never come open. 36 new CRJs to REPLACE the lost Avros will leave 85 planes.

So the questions you have to ask yourself is: How long will it take for me to get in the top 400? Can my career endure a 5+ year FO tenure at a regional?

Without any growth at all, new hires at XJ will probably have to wait at least 4 yrs to upgrade. But for some of the "senior" involuntary furloughed it will be a 1-2 year upgrade on the SAAB with only the 36 replacment a/c. Nov 2004 furloughed pilots are in the 500's for seniority #. With any attrition at all, that would put them in a junior capt. slot in the saab.

One thing about this whole thread...THERE AINT NO CRYSTAL BALL.

On a more realistic note.....
Looks like they want 1000/100 wonder if that will hold.

One thing about this whole thread...THERE AINT NO CRYSTAL BALL.

On a more realistic note.....
Looks like they want 1000/100 wonder if that will hold.
Not a chance, regionals with the best contracts can't even fill classes at 500 TT/75ME.

Don't forget about 3-4 year upgrade into a 50 seater (more money) at other carriers.

here is the deal...in terms of growth....replace the 35 avros, 11 Saabs which have left property. then replace the 35 crj's that were suppose to come on property. 81 new planes, then it will be postive growth!

Splitbar - I was under the impression one had to return from furlough to get their share of the claim. Of course furloughs are eligible, but I can't imagine a furlough getting to collect their portion of the claim, with no intentions on returning. Perhaps I'm wrong. You make it seem like furloughed guys are getting a payout just because they're on the list. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the claim being allocated to those who will work under the concessionary deal?

FO

here is the deal...in terms of growth....replace the 35 avros, 11 Saabs which have left property. then replace the 35 crj's that were suppose to come on property. 81 new planes, then it will be postive growth!

Actually it's worse than that. At our high point we had 76 saabs and 36 avros. The 11 you are refering to are the most recent that have left. In the years prior there were 16 others that were returned.

oh great.....I just cannot wait for the claim money to be divided! Imagine the rates at which people will leave then. I do not beleive that those who can get something worth leaving for will stop leaving for a mere 35 jets. Airtran, SWA or any major will be just as pleasing....not to mention the many leaving for corp gigs.

Actually it's worse than that. At our high point we had 76 saabs and 36 avros. The 11 you are refering to are the most recent that have left. In the years prior there were 16 others that were returned.

ACTUALLY, it was 83 Saabs. 49 B+, 11 B- from pinnacle (returned to PNCL), and 23 A models (returned to Saab Leasing and under litigation). But that was only for a short time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back