Mesaba Chief Pilot and Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how true!

xjhawk: but just think of what a fancy crashpad you(and/or) I can get with the proceeds from the bankruptcy claim payout! You'll be living high in Melvis...

Think of it, 4 guys get together and buy one of those gated condos somewhere in the nicer area of melvis, might not be a bad idea. In ten years we sell it. we all could make a grand or two. On second thought....I would rather keep it in my 401k and live in minneapolis.

Think of it, 4 guys get together and buy one of those gated condos somewhere in the nicer area of melvis, might not be a bad idea. In ten years we sell it. we all could make a grand or two. On second thought....I would rather keep it in my 401k and live in minneapolis.

Last time I checked, home values there were actually depreciating. Wonder why... :D

Last time I checked, home values there were actually depreciating. Wonder why... :D

Really? When was this? By what means were you checking and by what comparison? Sing it to the people paying $150+ s.f....which is high for "Melvis". We have slums/ghettos but the pilots I know here don't live in 'em...

FO,
So, let me do an ethics check here. If any Mesaba pilot has plans to move on during the concessionary contract they should give some of this payout money back. I would be willing to bet that many pilots at Mesaba are now looking or waiting for a call from another company. So maybe they should not get their share of the payout. Only pilots that will remain at Mesaba for the duration of the current contract should get the full payout. Where does this stop? Half the current pilot group will most likely move on to another airline in the next couple of years.
I think you sould worry about your own decision to come back and quit trying to figure out who deserves thier payout. I am sorry, but you have no right telling any other Mesaba pilot whether of not they deserve this money. Do you plan to look for greener pastures if you go back to Mesaba?

I am always a little bothered by the self-righteous? They always seem to be a little hypocritcal.

Why Pinnacle over XJ? The XJ contrat is still better than Pinnacles...not to mention the professionalism of the pilot group. XJ is the one in growth mode now, not 9E. As far as spirit, CFI's coming out of the pilot factories aren't competetive or qualified to fly for Spirit. I take it your not taking the recall?

Didn't you just ask this question the other day..... "so do we need to fax that form in again with the CR9 choices or can we use the electronic form like before furlough?"

So new hires are Fools for applying but your the smart guy for taking the recall. Whats the difference? Too bad you don't deserve any mercy on your soul

Why.. because I was just trying to balance out the Pinnacle bashing that always seems to happen. Just trying to be nice to them for once. I may have to start relying on their safe efficient transportation again soon. And as for the rest I guess there needs to be a banner for sarcasm that can be put on postings...

Prophead - WTF are you talking about? I'm not sure if you confused another post for mine, but you're way off base directing your comments towards me since I said/posted nothing of what you're asserting.

FO

I know its late in the post, if there are any credible posts left in this one...Does anyone know for sure how they will recall? Will they tell you what you would be able to come back to? Just trying to make an educated decision here. What about seat locks? The best guess I have heard is somewhere along the lines of the top 400 holding Capt slots with the rest waiting for a long time. Anyone who is in the system with genuine advice care to weigh in???

FO,

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you. It was just a reponse to the subject that you brought up. I have seen postings debating who should get the money. The only point I was making is that all of the Mesaba pilots have made sacrafices and no one pilot can be the moral judge of who deserves the payout. When I read my post it did look like it was directed at you and for that I am sorry.

Prop -

No prob - even though you addressed it directly to me. How else was I supposed to take it =) I've always maintained that we've all shared in the
a$$ kickings at XJ and that everyone deserves some sort of compensation for that. Between the contract junk from 2001-2004 and the proceedings in the last 1.5 years, I'm sore for being beaten so much.

It would be great if everyone could get a large payout, but I understand how the MEC decided the direction of the claim must go to the people that will work under the new contract. Each individual pilot has their own needs and the MEC is trying to meet those needs. With more than 1 pilot on the seniority list it will be impossible to please everyone. Thus, the infighting amongst the ranks. It's too bad that money is going to continue to divide the pilot group. Hopefully people will see beyond that and XJ can continue to have a great bunch of pilots.

Seeyaaa,

FO

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back