Mesaba big annoucement imminent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Overheard in the DTW crew room:

An FO's husband was waiting for his new-hire class date, and Mesaba cancelled the class. They told him not to make any major plans around a job at Mesaba.

Maybe not enough sim time for all the people they've already got in training, or maybe this is when JS and TW show up in trucker hats and tell us we've been Punk'd.

Any new hires had their class cancelled?

Last edited:
ImbracableCrunk said:
Overheard in the DTW crew room:

An FO's husband was waiting for his new-hire class date, and Mesaba cancelled the class. They told him not to make any major plans around a job at Mesaba.

Maybe not enough sim time for all the people they've already got in training, or maybe this is when JS and TW show up in trucker hats and tell us we've been Punk'd.

Any knew hires had their class cancelled?

They haven't decided on the next date for Indoc, but NOTHING has been cancelled.

Chill, people... We are still interviewing like CRAZY. Planning just hasn't decided what the dates will be.

Low staffing levels, lets postpone classes...

They're cancelling vacation slots in May and asking us to sell off vacation.

So all this talk about postponing classes under low staffing levels? Crew "Planning"??? It's going to be a wonderful summer..... :rolleyes:

Just at the training center yesterday, you should see all the new black suits running around. Scott and Chris were interviewing all day yesterday. Word I got was that the accelerated hirings would continue through the summer, 150 newhires total. We are pushing the limits of the sims (Indy sim visuals dying/Avro sim multiple recurring writeups), Janice was told to buy "ALL AVAILABLE SIM TIME" and we will be training on the back side of the clock soon. Nothing even resembled a delayed or cancelled class.

Yep, that is the big announcement. Vacations cancelled. I love the management at XJ. They do such a good job of running an airline.

Vacnacy 05-03 "there will be no saab upgrades!"

Vacancy 05-04 all saab capatin class

Vacation cancelled in May.

It's like Gomer and cousin Goober are running the planning deptartment.

"When I originally made this post, all info was accurate. The announcement could still come at any time but apparently NWA is dragging their heels."

Probably not related but concidering there will be up to 70 50 seaters laying around once AWAC places their aircraft with Airways (announced today).....NW may still looking to pick up a deal. 50 seaters at firesale rates or 44 seaters from a respectable well run established regional. Who the he.ll knows right? AD

I'm pretty sure what I heard, but maybe that was a new way of saying "Thanks but no thanks" by HR. Glad to hear that classes aren't cancelled.

Soapbox: XJ, 9E: Stop ripping on eachother! If ya wanna rip on someone's piloting skills, I dunno, how about Mohammed Atta. Or GoJet applicants. Take your pick.

Kip, I reckon you know a lot about cyberspace. Y-You ever come across anything like time travel?

patience grasshoppers....

It's time for this thread to die and if/when an announcement is made, then by all means, start a new thread.

Dude, we must keep this thread alive until something BIG happens around Mesaba. This thread is probably the most exciting news we've had in a long time!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back