• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba big annoucement imminent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
May '05 Saab crew vacations were cancelled. (Though Avro crews were not?) I'm sure some of this hiring is to cover Crew Planning's inability to "plan" accordingly.

But the Mar 28 class of 22 people? May 2nd 18 people? CPs confirming they are interviewing 50+ per week for classes of 20ish/month? These numbers are fact, the rest is speculation.

PeanuckleCRJ - there IS something brewing at Mesaba. It is not a rumor. The union and company have admitted so and are bound to confidentiality agreements. What' you've been reading are the threads of speculation. If there was no emergency meeting a month ago between the MEC and company and negotiating comittee, I'd say this is all rumor. It doesn't look that way with this one. Though I personally believe we've been let down, yet again, this isn't rumor as you'd like to believe.

I know it's hard for some PNCL boys and girls to accept the fact that they ARE NOT NWAs golden child.

FO

flap operator said:
I know it's hard for some PNCL boys and girls to accept the fact that they ARE NOT NWAs golden child.

FO

At least no their golden child all the time, but for now and for some time previous, they are.

Booohooohooo, Mesaba is not the Golden Child anymore. You guys need to get over all this and move on. Continue to do your job well and let the pieces fall where they will. Does alot of growth make an airline a great place to be? No! PCL has had alot of growth and it sucks a$$ to be here. Don't tarnish the professional image of Mesaba by acting like a bunch of little kids. All of the speculation on this board doesn't mean anything. Do you think management comes here and reads this crap and says "wow these guys have a good point, let's put the growth a XJ or 9E". NO. It's not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

I interviewed on 4/7/2005 for an F/O position. The only news that I recieved that could substantiate these "rumors" was in the panel with a Chief Pilot from Minne. He mentioned XJ would be hiring @ 130 through the rest of the year, asked if I would mind a Memphis base, and mentioned that it would be a good time to get hired as I wouldn't have to sit reserve at all........

No one is a golden child in the NWA system.

And the hiring of 20/month thru next year is contingent upon Mesaba getting new aircraft by this fall or sooner. If the "big announcement"/deal/etc falls through, we're back to the drawing board. Still keeping the fingers crossed!

Last edited:
flap operator said:
Golden child?

How about "whipping boy"? I think that's more appropriate... Where's that "Barney with the whip" avatar when you need it? ;)

I interviewed on 4/7/2005 for an F/O position. The only news that I recieved that could substantiate these "rumors" was in the panel with a Chief Pilot from Minne. He mentioned XJ would be hiring @ 130 through the rest of the year, asked if I would mind a Memphis base, and mentioned that it would be a good time to get hired as I wouldn't have to sit reserve at all........

Funny...that's what they told me when I got hired at Mesaba back in 2000 and then I ended up for 9 months on straight reserve with 10 days off a month, while everyone that was in my class that was junior to me that went to CVG was holding a line right away with 12 or 13 days off a month. Good luck.

PS: Where the hell is this big announcement???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back