• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba-ba=?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget no more minday, freeze per diem, and the best part: void appendix F to increase flexibility.

I propose a 17% pay raise, and increased benifits. Lets give em that. Do they really think we are a bunch of idiots. Maybe managment should be the first and only to take the hit on this one. Great idea to hit the panic button on the the bankruptcy tool, now they want to take advantage of us. I guess they are using the Northwest business model.

"Full pay 'til the last day"

NOT A DIME. Over.

Burn mother F*#&#r BURN!!

Close it up before we agree to this shizzle.

I got some lighter fluid. whos got matches?

FOOKEM!

Stfd

Best wishes to you guys. What a goat rope.

first of all, the union, the company and the udge needs to realise that we all will not return to work with even one cent of a concession, let alone what they are proposing. to show our solidarity we should take a week off at the end of the year just to show what we think of this proposal! so any takers? who cares if i lose my job, i will be making 24 bucks a year on a 72 hours per month rate with crappy rules i am sure!

RampTower said:
For the non Mesaba folks reading this, this is what our mangament has proposed for paycuts:

management is proposing a 17% pay cut for SF-340 Captains, a 13% pay cut for CRJ Captains, a 19% pay cut for Avro Captains, and a 17% pay cut for First Officers. Management's proposal would place Mesaba's pilots well below every other comparable carrier in the industry

The entire proposal is absurd, but the most ridiculous is the paycut for FOs. How do you steal money from FOs that are barely getting a paycheck as it is? These guys are nuts. Good luck, and you've got the support of the Pinnacle pilots.

one more thing.......lets make a counter proposal....if they can make their own rules, so can we, lets be industry leaders! lets demand a pay raise, better work rules, executive health care, more vacation and sick pay, 2.00 perdiem, executive profit sharing (equal to what they are getting).....any more ideas? Then say, here is the date which it must be instituted, or we walk, give them......til the 24th (i want christmas off ofr everyone!)

i am sick of this, let the anti-corporate revolution begin! who cares if the government is on their side, the second amendment is on mine! (thats not freedom of speach either!

I agree completely. Mesaba bankruptcy is a complete joke. I pray that someone finally investigate these crooks. Our counter proposal should be exactly what XJHawk suggests with also that all current XJ management can never work for or have any ties to XJ or MAIR ever again. Seeing as how they have failed to keep us out of bankruptcy, that seems fair.

mesaba2425 said:
Il bet that the final agreement will be very close to that.

Ya, but you can't make me go to work for this sh!t. At this point it's not about concessions, it's about a company that is lying to us to get concessions. I won't give up a cent, or work for someone I don't trust. I was considering XJ as a career, however, I've decided to take my services elsewhere.

These concessions ar BS, the bankruptcy is BS, and mesaba is fast becoming BS.

After multiple pizza dinners, over the last couple of months, I've come to the conclusion that our MEC is taking the right approach to this. This includes self-help, if it comes to that.

BTW, mesaba2425, are one of your tourette syndrome ticks to type meaningless annoyances on aviation bulletin boards? If so, you need treatment, of not, you need a life!

17% from FO's is called a lack of respect. We as FO's at Skyway had to give 1% a couple of years ago, but that came out to about 200 bucks for a year. Any managers that think everyone has to give roughly the same percentage is nuts. F'm all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back