• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba, advise needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree with Cougar on this one. I got hired a little over a year ago and one thing I know is that you can't predict what airline is going to be good and for how long. Hang in there, there is more around the corner for XJ. They aren't going to leave us flying 55 saabs and 2 crj's.

Training contract still in effect with the BK filing, if not, I'm looking.

aviatrix said:
Well, no, actually........4:20 is in reference to a well-known joke!!!! Did you really think I had 4 hours and 20 minutes of flight time and an ATP?!?!?!

Ummm... No. Kinda figured it was a joke. Hence the "lol".

Nice av......hope that works out for ya! Whatever you can get, eh?!?!?

Ummm.. Sure. Thats how I pick up chicks. Works like a champ!

Stick it out

I have wayyyyyy to many friends who have been hit hard by the "grass-is-greener" bug then to be laid off by THAT airline or jet operator. Stick it out, and if you get furloughed use the company for what you want until you get recalled. If you're fuloughed, the State and, indirectly, the Company pay for some of your "re-education and qualification for other employement". Go get your ATP, get a type rating, go do ATC traing. Whatever it is, use their money once you're laid off. If you're not laid off, then you stuck it out and will reap the reward... someday.

As far as your concern about flying while those senior to you get furloughed, don't worry about it. I'm flying the Avro in MSP right now but I am at the bottom. If anyone get's cut out of order, it will be me. HOWEVER, if that happens, I won't be upset with you in the least. You weren't the one to cause that. I will be GREATLY upset with Spandex and Pulley and our Union Leadership. I think the Union is doing what they can for now but if there is a furlough-out-of-seniority, then what the heck good is a union and seniority system anyways! Yes, I'l be upset, but not at you. Keep flying.

CP

PIC time talks in this industry. If it does not look like you will upgrade within a respectable time, use XJ to build time to get hired at a better company. The more time you spend as an FO at XJ, the less likely you will want to leave when things get worse. I have friends who have been at XJ for 5+ years, and this is one of those companies where things just get worse, like Piedmont.

Not true things got better for one at least one month of those five years. We had massive growth............A WHOLE TWO CRJ's... THANK YOU ON-TIME PERFORMANCE, and RELIABILITY BLAH BLAH BLAH

If you really like it there, wait to see what happens. Mesaba seems like a good company to work for. If you find yourself out of a job, look for another job that doesn't require that youresign your seniority number and wait to see what happens. You can always take soime time off, rack up your credit card bills and go backpacking in Europe or wherever it is that you've always wantd to go. All this if you are young, single, and good looking. If you have a family to take care of, by all means start working on a plan B, but don't leave Mesaba unless they let you go.

Best of luck to you and to all the Mesaba brothers!

Latest resources

Back