Mesaba, advise needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HulkHogan

Alright guys I admit it, I am a newbe to this industry and a newhire at XJ. I was hired this summer into the CRJ an now, like many, am looking at loosing my job already. Question is do I start looking and applying for a new job now in anticipation of a furlough or do I ride the ship untill it sinks. From my perspective I don't see any way I am going to come out of this with a job, enlighten me as to how it possible that I could. What are the implications of this multi-class bid?

This is such a terrible thing to happen to our company I applied there and wanted to work there because I have friends who love the place. Its a shame to have this happen to such a great group of people.

thanks for the input, flame on

Do you really have 466.7 hours of flight time, or is that a lie?!?!

aviatrix said:
Do you really have 466.7 hours of flight time, or is that a lie?!?!

What about an ATP with four hours and twenty minutes lol.

might as well through some apps out to get the ball rolling and then make a decision if offered a job. Horizon, skywest, xjet, eagle are all hiring i am sure i have left out a few. good luck hoss

sorry to be blunt, but dont be a dumba$$ and stick around whle they loose all their jets and fly with 30 some saabs for the rest of their career

Start applying...everyone in the industry is going to know your situation. I'm sure they will work with you.

AWAC is actually actively going after CRJ guys from Indepence, Comair, PCL, and I suppose Mesaba knowing exactly what they are dealing with. I know it's short notice, but if you are interested in the east coast and can make it to MEM in the morning. They are holding a recruitment session.

For the Comair guys facing the same story they will be headed to CVG sometime in the future.

Details at: http://www.airwis.com/car_pilots.htm?linkSrc=6

Good luck all.

HulkHogan said:
Alright guys I admit it, I am a newbe to this industry and a newhire at XJ. I was hired this summer into the CRJ an now, like many, am looking at loosing my job already. Question is do I start looking and applying for a new job now in anticipation of a furlough or do I ride the ship untill it sinks. From my perspective I don't see any way I am going to come out of this with a job, enlighten me as to how it possible that I could. What are the implications of this multi-class bid?

This is such a terrible thing to happen to our company I applied there and wanted to work there because I have friends who love the place. Its a shame to have this happen to such a great group of people.

thanks for the input, flame on

Hulk,

Depends on where you live. If MSP is home, stick it out. Even if you do get furloughed, hopefully won't be forever. Just get a job as a hotel van driver making similar pay until recall. If you cumute, wait until your furlough notice, then consider looking elsewhere (Horizon). Keep in mind that you can't cheat the system. About the time you make it through training at your new company, they'll announce reductions in flying, and you are furloughed AGAIN, meanwhile XJ announces growth. I'd stick it out if you like it here, good company (people). Mesaba will be alright when the dust settles.

What you worried about anyway, you're in the CRJ. When management starts furloughing out of seniority, you'll be sitting pretty!

Good Luck

Thats what I am afraid of, furloughing out of seniority. I REALLY dont want anything to do with that game. I sure as hell dont want to be the junior guy who has a job while those senior to me do not. And what could I do about it if that happens I cant not show for work I dont even have union backing.

and no I have standard new hire mins 1500 450 :)

embpic1 said:
What about an ATP with four hours and twenty minutes lol.

Well, no, actually........4:20 is in reference to a well-known joke!!!! Did you really think I had 4 hours and 20 minutes of flight time and an ATP?!?!?!
Nice av......hope that works out for ya! Whatever you can get, eh?!?!?

Latest resources

Back