Mesaba adjusting -900 and SF34 vacancies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mesabi Miner

Latest revised vacancy notice slightly increases -900 staffing and calls for increased Saab staffing. Rumor on the street is that hiring is soon to occur.

MM

Word around the training center is XJ is getting the Freedom 900's. Might just be a rumor, but there is alot buzz and closed door meetings going on.

I heard a rumor that Mesaba is getting the CRJ900s from Freedom...?

Who knows. But there is a lot of talking about possibly getting some of the 900 Options. Mesaba's ontime performance is actually pretty good and with a failry junior pilot work force operating costs are not as high as many other regionals. This is something that DELTA/NWA will consider after the merger. There are a few 15 to 20 year guys there. But most of everyone that is "senior" has been there for only 5 to 8 years. And pretty much every single FO has been there for no more than 1.5 years. Put that together with a bunch of faily new flight attendants as well and you got your self a fairly affordable company. The Saabs are making money like a mo-fo and the CRJ900s are the industry's money makers.

Word around the training center is XJ is getting the Freedom 900's. Might just be a rumor, but there is alot buzz and closed door meetings going on.

I wouldn't be surprised.

We better get use to it. The new Delta will whipsaw OH, XJ and compass against each other like we have never seen before. They have already started to talk about who is going to run who, and what depts. need to be at what companys.

Ohh Ohh I WANNA FLY THE "9" for sub-par wages. come on, a 3 year captain gets paid 63 dollars an hour to fly the CRJ-900. This has to be a joke... Even MESA pays their captains more.

Not saying XJ's 900 rates are good, but for having the bankruptcy gun pointed to our heads, I think we did a good job of softening the blow that we were facing. Now let see what MESA can do outside of Bankruptcy

Latest resources

Back