• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba "9" Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh gosh and I bet if you put a piece of coal up your rear it would be a diamond within the week. Come on I'm 40 work for a major and still do that. Its the only place where they stay and don't fall.
Haven't heard that phrase since Ferris Bueller's Day OFF was a new movie. Maybe your just verifying you age. Never had them fall out of my jacket pocket or flight case.

Nice goat there GT.

I'm not sure about the backward shoulder boards, but the XJ guys never seem to say "hi" in passing in the terminal.

Long time ago we had a class of new hires that did that epaulet thing....and told people they flew the Boeing. They were in the first class when we got the Dash 8.

Tools are tools regardless of the decade.

I think its real funny myself. Those new hire jet FO whom think they were hand picked for jet and look down at the Saab will have to upgrade into the left seat of the Saab, when they finally get there hours. I have a great saying for those guy "long live the Saab in MEM in Aug". So the jokes on them

Simon is right- any dweeb can be trained to take off and land one of these crj's. The saab still requires a lot of airmanship. And, my cocky, overconfident fo got quite the reality check the first time a landing or go-around was attempted in the sim. You can spoon-feed indoc. or systems to them, but that can't make them a flyer.
There is one concession to make, though. Senior pilots who stick to the saab for a better schedule, or for fear of a new environment are missing out on chances to better their careers and experience new environments. I share a small sense of disrespect for those at mesaba who stick their heads in the sand and presume that they will be comfy and secure in their senior crj or saab position, because they "might" get furloughed at a bigger carrier. That is just an excuse for not being willing to take a chance to upgrade yourself. look at recent history at mesaba and elsewhere.
If you haven't advanced your skills and experiences, and expected yourself to move on, and you find yourself replaced in a few years amid section 6 negotiations and the replacement of the saab, don't be shocked at how uncaring nwa is about your job or career....
Still, Best Wishes to all my friends still at Mesaba!
It is a good place to be.

I heard a rumor about a group of silly individuals at Mesaba, and I was hoping someone here will tell me it's not true.

I was told that some of the CRJ900 pilots wear their shoulder boards backwards, wide end in, so people know that they are 900 pilots, and don't confuse them with the saabs. Now I've been looking whenever I have been in redtail land lately, but have not seen it with my own eyes.

Anyone able to shed some light on this subject? Anyone had a sighting of their own?
A 9 Driver?????? You have got to be kidding me. Are you a riddle grad by chance? DORK!!!!!!:laugh:

A 9 Driver?????? You have got to be kidding me. Are you a riddle grad by chance? DORK!!!!!!:laugh:

Seriously??? Dork? Hey, 1990 called and wants its insult back. You're the one who is differentiating between pa28 and pa28r in your profile. Did you even look at the title of the thread? The 9 was in "quotations". Maybe it was lost in translation, but that was just supposed to emphasize the point of my post. But hey, if I have to explain that, then you aren't going to get it anyway. And no, I'm not a riddle grad, any other generic and uncreative insults you would like to try?

i just looked up the Mesaba payscales for the CRJ-900...i don't think I'd be bragging about flying that POS, as everyone will know you are a fool for making less to fly that than many guys flying 50 seaters elsewhere....that payscale is pathetic.

Latest resources

Back