• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba "9" Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told that some of the CRJ900 pilots wear their shoulder boards backwards, wide end in, so people know that they are 900 pilots, and don't confuse them with the saabs.
They wear their epaulettes backwards because tapping their foot in the airport bathroom has become too obvious.

this has been entertaining, thanks! But I will put my two cents in. I think this is all rather embarasing, if its true, most is not i am sure. Why am I sure? I know many of the CPTs on the 900 would not allow a new hire to act like a Jack a$$ (as posted here earlier). As for the newbies not conforming to uniform standards? well, I must say I saw a Saab captain way senior to me with a goatee (i do not think thats authorized-I wish it was since its proven that our masks work with facial hair). that being said, I still see fleeces, off colored sweaters, jackets that are not authorized......but I can understand that, since we fly to I-falls and thunderbay with no warm air carts- I know this-we have all summer to get fleeces and leather jackets authorized-but i heard John Spanjiers does not like leather jackets, so it will not be authorized. Oh by the way, for those of you who do not like leather jackets-if they are authorized, do not buy them, but do not prevent those of us who likethem, wear them. I would like to prevent the wearing of a terrible blue polliester coat

I heard a rumor about a group of silly individuals at Mesaba, and I was hoping someone here will tell me it's not true.

I was told that some of the CRJ900 pilots wear their shoulder boards backwards, wide end in, so people know that they are 900 pilots, and don't confuse them with the saabs. Now I've been looking whenever I have been in redtail land lately, but have not seen it with my own eyes.

Anyone able to shed some light on this subject? Anyone had a sighting of their own?

Lol, tell them they're the victim of a cruel joke .. backwards shoulder boards = catcher :laugh:

i have seen many new hires throughout the airport with terrible uniform ettiquette, including, but not limited to, backwards eppaulets, upside down eppaulets, wrinkled pants (really wrinkled) collar popped on their blazer, brown belt with black uniform, 3 day whiskers, wrinkled shirts (really wrinkled)

eh, just makes us all look dumb when one screws it up

I've seen senior captains do the same thing.

You can tell who is on the 900 at OH, they walk with a cane. Worse, yesterday we had a stop in JFK and what I believe was a freedom FO, was walking around with his glasses on his forehead, and the military sweater on.

Latest resources

Back