Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LVFlyer

Over the hump to Pahrump!
I heard a rumor about a group of silly individuals at Mesaba, and I was hoping someone here will tell me it's not true.

I was told that some of the CRJ900 pilots wear their shoulder boards backwards, wide end in, so people know that they are 900 pilots, and don't confuse them with the saabs. Now I've been looking whenever I have been in redtail land lately, but have not seen it with my own eyes.

Anyone able to shed some light on this subject? Anyone had a sighting of their own?

Hah! Yes it's true! Also, have you heard they took the word "gullible" out of the dictionary last week?

They didn't do this when the RJ-85 here. Guess a 900 newbie put'em on backwards one day and some joker made story out of it.

Hah! Yes it's true! Also, have you heard they took the word "gullible" out of the dictionary last week?
Thanks, real mature. Are you saying it couldn't happen? Put a kid with 300 hours in an rj and you don't think their ego could bring something like this? I was just wondering if anyone had seen it, I've heard it from more than one person.

While in training we were told the same story about some retarded UND grads doing the same thing...

Trust me my friend....I wait for the day for my FO to talk trash about the Saab. At that point my lecture about dues, respect, and tools will procede. Plus, the XFR button will never be illuminated unless we are doing a CAT 2. And yes I can do this, so flame away!

I was told that some of the CRJ900 pilots wear their shoulder boards backwards, wide end in, so people know that they are 900 pilots, and don't confuse them with the saabs. Now I've been looking whenever I have been in redtail land lately, but have not seen it with my own eyes.

Anyone able to shed some light on this subject? Anyone had a sighting of their own?

No, haven't SEEN that. I have heard the new guys call it "the 9", I've seen them wear their pin on wings on their shirts, and I've seen more than one wearing their sunglassess on their heads or on epellets (sp). I stop everyone of them and discuss professionalism and how they are degrading the image of XJ and how that can come back to haunt them on their next interview.

HA....the sunglasses on the epellets kill me too. These kids are young and can be scared into submission quite easilly. CRM is getting more difficult these days and I am getting tired of conforming to the young blood. It is time that they start comforming to me instead.

Latest resources

Back