Mesa

weeks

Active member
Joined
Jun 7, 2002
Posts
31
Total Time
3500+
Very hard to say as it changes almost monthly. CRJ, about 3 to 3.5 years, Dash, about 2 years currently.
 

buckdanny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 25, 2002
Posts
297
Total Time
8000
3 years. One year to build time and bail out, then 2 years at Chautauqua.


Buck
 

psysicx

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Posts
2,252
Total Time
-----
Or one year on the 1900 as a SIC and then go to Ameriflight as a PIC.
 

khsgt

Token White Guy
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Posts
222
Total Time
6000+
You shouldn't care

Two months when I upgraded, and it wouldn't be a far cry to see that again on the 1900. They are having trouble filling an upcoming upgrade class, only 6 FO's are bidding it. CRJ: 3 years, Dash: 2years, 1900: Maybe 1 month, maybe never. Go work somewhere else, you don't want to be here.

Perputually in 1900 Hell
 
Last edited:

psysicx

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Posts
2,252
Total Time
-----
Besides the pay and working for JO what is so bad about mesa? It seems like most regionals suck and should be avoided. Does a quick upgrade help?
 

khsgt

Token White Guy
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Posts
222
Total Time
6000+
psysicx said:
Besides the pay and working for JO what is so bad about mesa? It seems like most regionals suck and should be avoided. Does a quick upgrade help?

Its not the pay...we arn't the greatest pay wise, but we definitly not the worst. Its the treatment that makes this place so bad. We are not even treated like human beings, I would feel bad doing a lot of the stuff we are subjected too to a dog. You would have to be here to understand fully, but trust those of us here, YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Upgrade or not, it dosen't matter, go work for somebody decent (and yes there are some decent regionals)
 

Spinplate

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Posts
310
Total Time
3000
Do you think you would feel differently if you werent in the 1900? I know a few people that are Captains on the CRJ and they said its great! Mesa is hurting because they do treat thier pilots like crap sometimes and dont follow their contract, but I heard it is getting better.



khsgt said:
Its not the pay...we arn't the greatest pay wise, but we definitly not the worst. Its the treatment that makes this place so bad. We are not even treated like human beings, I would feel bad doing a lot of the stuff we are subjected too to a dog. You would have to be here to understand fully, but trust those of us here, YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Upgrade or not, it dosen't matter, go work for somebody decent (and yes there are some decent regionals)
 

khsgt

Token White Guy
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Posts
222
Total Time
6000+
Everybody I have talked too that has gone over to the other side from the 1900 says "same shoot, different airplane". Just what I have heard....and this side isn't getting any better, in fact due to a shortage of 1900 pilots things have gotten much much worse. I do know the CRJ is hurting for pilots too, and I only hope things on that side are better, though I don't believe so
 
Last edited:

psysicx

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Posts
2,252
Total Time
-----
Is Denver only a dash base and how long till you can bid over to the jet?
 
Last edited:

Spinplate

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Posts
310
Total Time
3000
khsgt said:
Everybody I have talked too that has gone over to the other side from the 1900 says "same shoot, different airplane". Just what I have heard....and this side isn't getting any better, in fact due to a shortage of 1900 pilots things have gotten much much worse. I do know the CRJ is hurting for pilots too, and I only hope things on that side are better, though I don't believe so

I have an interview with Mesa next week ( I live in PHX ) Just got an offer to start at Pinnacle on Aug. 22nd but Im still undecided over which one to pick if I get an offer from Mesa too......... If I dont get PHX right away Im sure I wouldnt have to wait too long to get back to PHX. I dont mind commuting if I know I could potentially get PHX.
 

RP170

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Posts
1,030
Total Time
4000
Spinplate said:
I have an interview with Mesa next week ( I live in PHX ) Just got an offer to start at Pinnacle on Aug. 22nd but Im still undecided over which one to pick if I get an offer from Mesa too......... If I dont get PHX right away Im sure I wouldnt have to wait too long to get back to PHX. I dont mind commuting if I know I could potentially get PHX.

Yeah you do that. Because Mesa rules right?
 
Top