• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very hard to say as it changes almost monthly. CRJ, about 3 to 3.5 years, Dash, about 2 years currently.

3 years. One year to build time and bail out, then 2 years at Chautauqua.

Buck

You shouldn't care

Two months when I upgraded, and it wouldn't be a far cry to see that again on the 1900. They are having trouble filling an upcoming upgrade class, only 6 FO's are bidding it. CRJ: 3 years, Dash: 2years, 1900: Maybe 1 month, maybe never. Go work somewhere else, you don't want to be here.

Perputually in 1900 Hell

Last edited:
Besides the pay and working for JO what is so bad about mesa? It seems like most regionals suck and should be avoided. Does a quick upgrade help?

psysicx said:
Besides the pay and working for JO what is so bad about mesa? It seems like most regionals suck and should be avoided. Does a quick upgrade help?

Its not the pay...we arn't the greatest pay wise, but we definitly not the worst. Its the treatment that makes this place so bad. We are not even treated like human beings, I would feel bad doing a lot of the stuff we are subjected too to a dog. You would have to be here to understand fully, but trust those of us here, YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Upgrade or not, it dosen't matter, go work for somebody decent (and yes there are some decent regionals)

Do you think you would feel differently if you werent in the 1900? I know a few people that are Captains on the CRJ and they said its great! Mesa is hurting because they do treat thier pilots like crap sometimes and dont follow their contract, but I heard it is getting better.

khsgt said:
Its not the pay...we arn't the greatest pay wise, but we definitly not the worst. Its the treatment that makes this place so bad. We are not even treated like human beings, I would feel bad doing a lot of the stuff we are subjected too to a dog. You would have to be here to understand fully, but trust those of us here, YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Upgrade or not, it dosen't matter, go work for somebody decent (and yes there are some decent regionals)

Everybody I have talked too that has gone over to the other side from the 1900 says "same shoot, different airplane". Just what I have heard....and this side isn't getting any better, in fact due to a shortage of 1900 pilots things have gotten much much worse. I do know the CRJ is hurting for pilots too, and I only hope things on that side are better, though I don't believe so

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back