Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK for the one millionth time.

1. JO could not have shut down MESA. It was just an idle threat. Just because he shut down CC AIR doesnt mean he could shut down the WHOLE company. It was not possible. He is responsible to the shareholders!

2. I dont believe you even tried to get released. And even when one mediator says try again that doesn't mean it cant be done.

3. Had you been released to self help, any and all routes flown by Freedom would have been struck work and scab labor. It was hard enough for JO to get what, 15 planes and 87 guys, imagine the dificulty he would have had then.

4. Just because you are release into self help does NOT mean you have to strike. CAOS would have been as effective.

5. If your mediator was SO pro company, than why didn't anyone sugest binding arbitration? Heck, you would have gotten a better contract had you taken that.

6. You say you got infalible scope. Let me tell you something boys. APA are the sky Nazis, not you. If APA's scope can't hold water then how will yours. Plain and simple, spelled right out. How do you think it will hold up in court. Or bankrupcy court for that matter.

It just blows my mind that you think that by caving in for a crap contract saved your company. I know a bunch of CAL guys who think that they saved the company once upon a time.

Let me just sum it up as to why we are pi$$ed. When an organization agrees to work for substanially less money and work rules than that organization has the ability to undercut the rest of the industry. Mark my words, it the next 5 years you will double in size. So where is that flying going to come from, ACA, COEX, Comair,ASA? Now where will our pilots be. On the street, no/little forward movement. Blaming you guys for what happens in the industry is appropriate. How many regionals have come to their pilots and said,"sorry guys but Mesa can undercut us, so the only way to stay competitve is lower wages, fulrough, cut work rules ect." You get the idea. Race to the bottom.

So ya we're pi$$ed. You blame this on the economy of the nation, yet the cost structure of regionals means they are the only ones making money. Of course Mesa is making alot more that anyone else now due to that POS contract. Bottom line, you guys caved. You didnt even try. You gave up because you are a weak pilot group. If not for that then for what? That is why no one I know will ever,"make the numbers work" to get a MESA guy on. That is why you will get disrespected, laughed at and treated like the red headed step children you are. I hope you all enjoy being JO BEOTCH for the next 5 years. You have the power to stop him, the least you could have done was to try.

Let me tell you one more thing about leverage. At COEX we dont even own any airplanes. CAL does. If we have a decrease in performance numbers or a job action (by any employee group), CAL can take the aircraft away,AND use our training center for 6 months. Our agreement with CAL expires in 2007, and after that the future is unsure. Tell me, who had/has more leverage? So when we get a CRAP contract that looks like yours I guess we'll be the weak ones hu?

No wait, the pilots I know would rather see the comany go to shat than to prostitute themselves as slaves.

I've read almost all these threads.
The one question in which seems to amaze
me is, this,

Why didn't your MEC(MESA) attempt to confide
in other MEC's within ALPA. From what I understand
at the last big meeting with ALPA he was more
interested in his status position running for a
representatives office outside your own union rather
than working with others for his own pilot group.

"HELLO".
While I don't know your MEC, I can say this.
You pilots of MESA can and have the right to recall
elected members to all position's. Put someone in there
that you feel comfortable with, and as far as the the NMB.
Join together and file suit to have this "Knob Lips"
removed. (THE NMB)(And then your MEC).

Rather than ridicule as to how this can be done.
There are pilots within your union that know this is
possible. Obviously lack of support from the main body
of ALPA(Surprise). Someone in your group needs to contact the
(ALPA)legal department and document everthing in which has
transpired not only with the NMB, but with your MEC and
his doing's; along with ALPA.

This will in fact have to be done by an attonery with union
knowledge outside of ALPA. There are many good attonery's
within ALPA, but you are faced with this, They really can't be bias.
This shouldn't be hard for a good attonery to determine who
can look at your case as far a judge or mediator is concerned.

The MESA pilot group is faced with accepting there contract as is for now. As I understand, it passed with a 70-75% yes vote.
Doesn't matter what percentage.

What I do understand is that you were basically informed
that unless this contract was signed, your company would
close the doors and you all would be out job's.
That in it self is, intimidation by conflict. Your a publicly held
company for God's sake. Do you really think that would happen.

The only reason JO is still in charge is because he has put the
fear of God in you losing your jobs and has managed to B.S.
thousands of people. Put the fear into him.
Not only hire an attonery(LAW FIRM), but a great corporate
CPA and go through what he consider's what is losing money
and what is making money. This is what your MEC should have
been on top of from the get go.

If not, and your received nothing to the effect in either a union
letter or through phone msg's on an update board.

It's time for a change, not only make it; change history...
You can do it....

Jetsnake

Wiskey Driver said:
You know what, I am sick and tired of hearing that Sept 11 is the cause of all of this. The fact of the matter is it is not... Do some research into history young man!! You may find that airlines, historically only have two good years per decade, the yr 2000 marked five and that was really unheard of since the jet boom of the sixties. Research and hit me later with what you find.

WD.

Dont preach to me about the airlines. My father started and operated an airline sucessfully in the early 80's. The airline would be mine now all other things the same in a parallell universe I could have been your boss. My family has been around aviation since it all began. I dont have to research anything. When you were scratching your brain (like digging for gold) in airline industry class my family was moving metal.

My points are simply this. Airline industry ASIDE. You and a few other jaw runners on this board are plain stupid. You bitch about what Mesa does while ignoring your own house. #1 rule in success dont worry about what the guy next to you is doing worry about yourself.

mckpickle said:

Let me tell you one more thing about leverage. At COEX we dont even own any airplanes. CAL does. If we have a decrease in performance numbers or a job action (by any employee group), CAL can take the aircraft away,AND use our training center for 6 months. Our agreement with CAL expires in 2007, and after that the future is unsure. Tell me, who had/has more leverage? So when we get a CRAP contract that looks like yours I guess we'll be the weak ones hu?

Is this the real reason you are pissed? I think we have a winner! Hey I wish you guys luck, hopefully the anticpated turnaround is in effect. Then you can show us how its done.

got_jumpseat? said:
Is this the real reason you are pissed? I think we have a winner! Hey I wish you guys luck, hopefully the anticpated turnaround is in effect. Then you can show us how its done.

Hey CRACK HEAD, why are you stillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll talking?

DIPSH1T, Yes its why I'm pi$$ed. One of the many reasons. Because as I stated you can undercut the crap out of anyone. And at some point it becomes a saftey issue. When you agree to fly 16 hours a day with one day off then do it all over again next week. I cant do that, I'm not a whipper snapper anymore and it is not safe to work under those workrules.

Oh ya I'm also pi$$ed because your so FUC&ing stupid!

Jetsnake said:
I've read almost all these threads.
The one question in which seems to amaze
me is, this, .................

The only reason JO is still in charge is because he has put the
fear of God in you losing your jobs and has managed to B.S.
thousands of people. Put the fear into him.
Not only hire an attonery(LAW FIRM), but a great corporate
CPA and go through what he consider's what is losing money
and what is making money. This is what your MEC should have
been on top of from the get go.

If not, and your received nothing to the effect in either a union
letter or through phone msg's on an update board.

It's time for a change, not only make it; change history...
You can do it....

Jetsnake

I appreciate your post, it is easy to see where we went wrong. This is armchair quaterbacking though. What do they say, hindsight is 20/20? There are many things we did wrong and could have done different but I wont be here for the next round. Maybe in 4.5 years there will be wiser people in the Mesa MEC and they can fix things up. Good luck Mesa, I am checking off this board. I refuse to argue with idiots. They will be happy they can have free run of the insane asylum now. I said my peace. Adios Mesa it was fun. I'll remember it my whole life.

mckpickle said:

DIPSH1T, Yes its why I'm pi$$ed. One of the many reasons. Because as I stated you can undercut the crap out of anyone. And at some point it becomes a saftey issue. When you agree to fly 16 hours a day with one day off then do it all over again next week. I cant do that, I'm not a whipper snapper anymore and it is not safe to work under those workrules.

Whose the crack head? Where do you work? Whose leaving the regionals now? B I T C H! You can be my stu when you get furloughed.

[i#1 rule in success dont worry about what the guy next to you is doing worry about yourself. [/B]

Hey dill hole, This is why we have a national pilot union. So that no one can intentionally drag the others down. #1 rule in MY house. Don't FU(K your buddy to save your own A$$.

mckpickle said:

Ill tell you something else you can do for me B I T C H.

Thats it go hang out at the airport and flight instruct. You know what they say, those who cant do, teach.

Latest resources

Back