Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mckpickle said:
Hey dill hole, This is why we have a national pilot union. So that no one can intentionally drag the others down. #1 rule in MY house. Don't FU(K your buddy to save your own A$$.

Oh NOW you refer to ALPA? You got no class. Where is the professionalism? Its too easy for me to get into a pisn contest with you. Goodbye. I got some Boeing books to start studying.

got_jumpseat? said:
Dont preach to me about the airlines. My father started and operated an airline sucessfully in the early 80's. The airline would be mine now all other things the same in a parallell universe I could have been your boss.

Wow, I had no idea that I was writing to Mr. airline. Tell me one thing, if you daddy runs an airline, why the FUK are you working for mesa? You know I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because you may not know AIRLINE HISTORY but now I see the whole picture, not only are you ignorant but you're a lier as well. "My daddy has an airline. I won't even embarrass you by asking which one.

WD.

Wiskey Driver said:
Wow, I had no idea that I was writing to Mr. airline. Tell me one thing, if you daddy runs an airline, why the FUK are you working for mesa? You know I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because you may not know AIRLINE HISTORY but now I see the whole picture, not only are you ignorant but you're a lier as well. "My daddy has an airline. I won't even embarrass you by asking which one.

WD.

You dont read much do you. What part of HAD did you miss? BTW Not only do I still work for a living so does my daddy, the airline sale didnt go his way. I would explain but in fear of permanently confusing you I will spare you the details. I paid for my ratings out of my own pocket and got my first real airline job at 33 instread of 23. Now go bark up somebody elses tree.

You are not making it easy for me to drop off the face of your world are you. When you cant win an argument you must make it personal. I will take that as as victory for me in this debate.
Sayonara sucka. Remember if you get furlouged PM you can be my stu. B I T C H.

mckpickle said:
I bet your Ornstiens daughter!

Dammit you took the words out of my mouth, oh well it was said...

WD.

hey jetdriven I am not an eagle puke as you call it try again, and where I work I upgraded to EMB CPT in 2yrs4mo. So eat me!!

Beantown said:

IF UNITED HAD CONFIRMED ACA'S CONTRACT NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING TODAY!

I dont have a crystal ball, but i would put odds on United confirming our contract alot sooner if Mesa had not put in a low-ball bid due to their low labor costs.

Guys, the Mesa bashing is getting old. They know how we feel. They know they were stuck between a rock and a hard place and took the easy route which may not be so easy in the end. I wish Mesa pilots the best. I think they are going to need it. 99.9% of the pilots i talk to know Mesa messed it up for the rest of us. Lets take the dirty ball they gave us and clean up their mess. Keep it professional, dont start jumpseat wars, be respectful, but definitely dont go out of your way.... That is all...

[
Hey pickle, You kill me with your confidence that you know everything and that it is all so straight forward and simple.

1. JO could not have shut down MESA. It was just an idle threat. Just because he shut down CC AIR doesn't mean he could shut down the WHOLE company. It was not possible. He is responsible to the shareholders!
How do you know it was an idle threat? Please show your proof. It was possible, ALPA did a whole presentation at the road shows explaining how. Of course you weren't there and you know more then the 20 yr ALPA attorney giving the presentation.
2. I dont believe you even tried to get released. And even when one mediator says try again that doesn't mean it cant be done.
I guess if you say they didn't try they must not have tried b/c you know all. Everyone out there, if Pickle speaks you must listen b/c he KNOWS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Had you been released to self help, any and all routes flown by Freedom would have been struck work and scab labor. It was hard enough for JO to get what, 15 planes and 87 guys, imagine the difficulty he would have had then.
Hello, THEY COULDN'T GET RELEASED AND JO KNEW IT. US Airways in BK, America West just out of BK with large loans backed by Bush and Co., wasn't gonna happen. This is not my opinion, this was the opinion of ALPA National. Your union.
4. Just because you are release into self help does NOT mean you have to strike. CAOS would have been as effective.
See above
5. If your mediator was SO pro company, than why didn't anyone suggest binding arbitration? Heck, you would have gotten a better contract had you taken that
Unlike you, I don't know everything about everything and I have no idea why this was not an option.
6. You say you got infalible scope. Let me tell you something boys. APA are the sky Nazis, not you. If APA's scope can't hold water then how will yours. Plain and simple, spelled right out. How do you think it will hold up in court. Or bankrupcy court for that matter.
Lets let time be the test of the scope. BTW, Mesa could have held out , gone on strike and gotten an industry leading contract and that wouldn't matter much in BK court either. Nothing does. Nice try.
Mark my words, it the next 5 years you will double in size. So where is that flying going to come from, ACA, COEX, Comair,ASA?
Maybe the growth will come from US Air and AW just as it was before the new contract. Everyone (well actually it is only 3 people on this board) are in panic mode about this contract and it's negative effects but so far no one has been negativity affected by it. (please don't say ACA b/c Mesa doesn't do any Rj flying for either Untied or Delta) Why don't you three just shut your pie holes until (or if) this thing actually effects you.
No wait, the pilots I know would rather see the comany go to shat than to prostitute themselves as slaves.
Thats all big talk right now. We will see how others deal with the choice of job or pay cut if that time arises. As I look around the industry I see a hell of a lot of pilots voting for the jobs. I remember a few months ago reading the US Airways board how they would strike before they took another round of pay cuts or gave up there pension. Everyone was talking big just like you. Fast forward to today and they did both. Why? To save there jobs. It's a different game when you are actually playing. -Bean

Latest resources

Back