• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to furlough approximately 150

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, there is the Iraq War, which will now cost at least $3 TRILLION dollars.

Where did you get a number like that? Last figure I saw was $515 Billion. I'm not saying that is small potatoes but $3 Trillion is more that three times the total DOD budget for FY 2008.

$1 trillion is the generally accepted number for the all-in cost even if we were to start withdrawing right now. I don't know where he got $3 trillion from, but I doubt we'll get out with less than $1.5 trillion unless a withdrawal is begun almost immediately after the next president takes office.

Common let's focus on those wonderful people at MESA getting furloughed.....They are getting what they deserve. In February when MESA ceases to exist the rest of the bottom feeders at MESA will get their just reward.

Common let's focus on those wonderful people at MESA getting furloughed.....They are getting what they deserve. In February when MESA ceases to exist the rest of the bottom feeders at MESA will get their just reward.

:) Get back to the desk!!!

Funny, I'm already experiencing the Jimmy Carter years. I sat in a gas line in Atlanta today for 20 minutes after driving around for a half hour looking for a station that even has gas at all. Of the few stations that have gas, many are rationing it at 6 gallons per person. We've been experiencing a gas shortage down south for the past week now. I'm betting that Dubya isn't even aware of it, much less cares.

And how 'bout the rest of the economy? Unemployment has skyrocketed to over 6%. It was 4% under Clinton. The average household income has dropped by $1,000 per year during the Bush administration. It went up under Clinton. Banks are collapsing left and right, and we're bailing out insurance giants. We're about to spend $700 billion to save ourselves from the housing collapse.

So, tell me again who's ushering in the Carter years all over again?

It IS hard to Govern with a bunch of left wing commy lunes controlling Congress. I'm glad you pointed that out for every one.......Clinton had a Republican Congress keeping him in check. That is the diff....

That's President Obama. Get used to saying it.
I sincerely hope he does win. Nothing could do more for the future of our country than to have someone elected who could not possibly be less qualified than Obama.

If you can get someone elected on no more than the fact that he is black, you deserve what you get.

In the mean time, I'm going to pack up the family and the guns and move back to the hills of the GREAT state of Tennessee.

After 4 years of Obama, Congress AND the Whitehouse will be republican for the forseeable future.

Cheers.:beer:

Last edited:
The average doesn't matter. What matters is how things look after 8 years of his policies. In the last month of Clinton's administration, unemployment was at 3.9%. It dropped steadily and consistently during his administration, thanks to his economic policies that led to surpluses and consumer confidence. After 8 years of Bush, it's now at 6.1%. The numbers speak for themselves.

1. Prior to the 1990's, anything under 5% unemployment was considered "full employment", and was generally considered undesirable. Why? Inflationary wage pressure.

This particular situation was contained primarily due to massive amounts of illegal immigration and a huge underground economy . . both under Bush and Clinton. Without it, wages would have undoubtedly risen, but growth would have stalled out. I leave it to you to decide if this is good or bad.

2. Historically, 6.1% unemployment isn't much to sneeze at either . . . most Western nations would KILL to have unemployment numbers so low, as would the rest of the world.

Nevertheless . . .33% of Americans now think the US is in a DEPRESSION! No doubt all of them are Obama supporters . . that said, I find it appalling the amount of rank ignorance among the voters who simply don't know that they're living in the richest country on the planet.
---------------------------------------

8 years of "Bush policies"? We don't have a king in the US, last time I checked. Bush has been unable to pass any significant legislation for the past 6; everything has been effectively blocked by the Democratic party, who then points the finger at Bush for the resulting train wreck. Their goal for 6 years has been to win the Presidency at all costs, and damn the American people.

What goes around, comes around though. Get ready for 4 years of Republicans blocking every single bill, every single appointment, and generally cutting Obama off at the knees . . .which will be all be blamed on Obama because in the popular mind, he's "in charge".

Last edited:
I sincerely hope he does win. Nothing could do more for the future of our country than to have someone elected who could not possibly be less qualified than Obama.

If you can get someone elected on no more than the fact that he is black, you deserve what you get.

In the mean time, I'm going to pack up the family and the guns and move back to the hills of the GREAT state of Tennessee.

After 4 years of Obama, Congress AND the Whitehouse will be republican for the forseeable future.

Cheers.:beer:

NEWSFLASH! This just in....the Civil War is over. You lost.

Latest resources

Back