• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to file bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you even read the above post? Reread the part about how the current contract came about: the very real threat of moving all Mesa flying to the Freedom certificate.

Mesa pilots weren't the ones negotiating with mainline management and undercutting other groups. Mesa does suck, but everyone should stop blaming the pilots and remember that it was Mesa management that brought Mesa to this point.

Pilot's should be unified against management...that was the whole point of unions in the first place. But with US/HP, NWA/DAL bickering and this venom towards Mesa pilots, it seems like bad management is winning the labor war.

Thanks for getting it :beer:

But Mesa does suck.......

The days of your incessant undercutting are nearing an end. Had you all fought harder throughout the years for better pay and working conditions, and not accepted bottom of the barrel conditions in order to chase the quick jet upgrade, your peers would respect you more. Nobody out there believes that there is any other explanation for you pitiful contract and thus Mesa ability to underbit and undercut so many airlines, like Piedmont, Allegheny, Air Wisconsin, ACA, ASA, Comair....just to name a few.

So, you are telling me that everyone "respects" you because you work at a regional other than Mesa? Where is it that you work that gains you so much respect? How hard have you fought to protect the best interests of your pilot group? I'm not attacking you here, I'm just trying to see where your statements are coming from

Did you even read the above post? Reread the part about how the current contract came about: the very real threat of moving all Mesa flying to the Freedom certificate.

Mesa pilots weren't the ones negotiating with mainline management and undercutting other groups. Mesa does suck, but everyone should stop blaming the pilots and remember that it was Mesa management that brought Mesa to this point.

Pilot's should be unified against management...that was the whole point of unions in the first place. But with US/HP, NWA/DAL bickering and this venom towards Mesa pilots, it seems like bad management is winning the labor war.

And again, I'll feel bad for that small percentage of Mesa pilots who started prior to the current contract AND tried their best to achieve at least an industry average fair contract. For the majority tunnel vision time builders who went there after it was clearly established the company was run by a goon and the contract was way sub par, then very little sympathy and no respect.

And again, I'll feel bad for that small percentage of Mesa pilots who started prior to the current contract AND tried their best to achieve at least an industry average fair contract. For the majority tunnel vision time builders who went there after it was clearly established the company was run by a goon and the contract was way sub par, then very little sympathy and no respect.

I have no idea why anyone went go to work for Mesa in the last 1 1/2 - 2 years, that had other choices. They obviously weren't a "premier" regional.

However, people have many different motivations for going to work somewhere. I'm sure there where a bunch who were from areas where YV had bases that didn't want to commute. There were probably some who had been rejected from other carriers for whatever reason. There were probably some who were furloughed from other carriers. There were probably some green CFI's who didn't do their homework and had not idea what Mesa was about.

I don't have access to the seniority list, but I'm sure the pilots that have been there since before the last contract are more than just a small percentage. I'm sure a large chunk of Captains have been there for a long time.

I think calling the majority, time-builders with tunnel vision looking for a quick upgrade is simply untrue and unfair. Plus the attrition numbers prove this when about 50% of last years attrition being FO's. I think the number of FO's that left was around 400 and change. That's about 25% of the entire pilot roster. Obviously, they weren't there for quick upgrades or they would have stayed.

There is has to be some level of unacceptable work and pay conditions that is frowned upon in this profession. Mesa was by far that level IMHO shared along with many, many others. By consistently replaying that message, hopefully it will prevent

a) another management type believing they can run a successful company by finding the lowest and cheapest work conditions possible for its' pilots. You'd think they would have learned by the example of Southwest that by treating their employees great in the process they became the most successful airline, but I guess not.

b) discouraging future pilots from willing to fly for trash carriers

There is has to be some level of unacceptable work and pay conditions that is frowned upon in this profession. Mesa was by far that level IMHO shared along with many, many others. By consistently replaying that message, hopefully it will prevent

a) another management type believing they can run a successful company by finding the lowest and cheapest work conditions possible for its' pilots. You'd think they would have learned by the example of Southwest that by treating their employees great in the process they became the most successful airline, but I guess not.

97-98% of all Americans have never even looked at a blog.

I suspect a similar amount of pilots have never looked at a forum.

Just something to think about when the BS really starts getting out of hand around here.

So, you are telling me that everyone "respects" you because you work at a regional other than Mesa? Where is it that you work that gains you so much respect? How hard have you fought to protect the best interests of your pilot group? I'm not attacking you here, I'm just trying to see where your statements are coming from

Last I checked he works at ASA and we stood 5 plus years against all kinds of BS.

Do some research yourself, and you will find that the ASA group stood strong for many challenges put to us my a revolving door of management with FORD and Harrison running the show.

Medeco

I agree.

My point all along has been: Bash management all you want, it's deserved; stop blaming the pilot's for industry undercutting.

Incidentally, we shouldn't let our friends go to work for Mesa, for all the reasons that you mentioned in your post. No new-hires is the only way to send a message to management that pay and QOL is sub-par. There are regionals out there that treat employees well and have decent work-rules, pay and benefits. (Not that it matters much anymore...not with the state of the industry...I doubt we'll see much hiring anymore by anyone for awhile.)

Last edited:
Who thinks Mesa's tails will be graced with rap artist "50 cent" by weeks end to commemorate their new stock value?

Last I checked he works at ASA and we stood 5 plus years against all kinds of BS.

Do some research yourself, and you will find that the ASA group stood strong for many challenges put to us my a revolving door of management with FORD and Harrison running the show.

Medeco

Fair enough. As I said before, I'm not trying to personally attack anyone

Latest resources

Back