• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to file bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spent 7 years at Air Midwest/Mesa and will come out and say that I am NOT ashamed of the time I spent there. I do though agree with most of you that JO is a scumbag of the worst sort and has led the company to near disaster. That said, the pilot group I flew with had some of the best guys/gals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. These people bust their ass day in and day out with not an ounce of support from management to make things work. They do the same job you do with less support, less sleep, and still you have to sit here and remind them of how much you are looking forward to them being out of jobs. The last thing needed in this situation is a bunch of armchair airline CEO's on FI chanting on how much Mesa sucks. Guys....we get it....Mesa Sucks, no one knows that better than people that have been, or are still, working there. These are people's livings we are talking about...I dont care if its Mesa, Skybus, ATA, ect. The bottom line is these people have families to feed and bills to pay just like all of us. For those of you to sit here and relish the fact that they will soon possible all be out of work is in extremely poor taste. Now before I get flamed, as I know I will, there are those that I do not support at Mesa such as Freedom A-Listers and the scumbag management team that has gotten them into this mess. Just be careful when throwing stones when the flight decks you sit in are made of glass as well. Go ahead, flame away

Well Said.

Freinds don't let friends still work at Mesa. You know who I feel bad for? Aloha Airlines, their pilots, FA, mechanics, rampers, venders, office staff, family and anyone other airline Mesa stepped on, ran over, under-cut to the point of poverty including GO's inter-island travel for $1. I feel bad for the Mesa pilots for not leaving when they had the chance like you and I did. If they choose to stay well, to each his own.

Here Here.

I spent 7 years at Air Midwest/Mesa and will come out and say that I am NOT ashamed of the time I spent there. I do though agree with most of you that JO is a scumbag of the worst sort and has led the company to near disaster. That said, the pilot group I flew with had some of the best guys/gals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. These people bust their ass day in and day out with not an ounce of support from management to make things work. They do the same job you do with less support, less sleep, and still you have to sit here and remind them of how much you are looking forward to them being out of jobs. The last thing needed in this situation is a bunch of armchair airline CEO's on FI chanting on how much Mesa sucks. Guys....we get it....Mesa Sucks, no one knows that better than people that have been, or are still, working there. These are people's livings we are talking about...I dont care if its Mesa, Skybus, ATA, ect. The bottom line is these people have families to feed and bills to pay just like all of us. For those of you to sit here and relish the fact that they will soon possible all be out of work is in extremely poor taste. Now before I get flamed, as I know I will, there are those that I do not support at Mesa such as Freedom A-Listers and the scumbag management team that has gotten them into this mess. Just be careful when throwing stones when the flight decks you sit in are made of glass as well. Go ahead, flame away

smartest post

If Mesa was going to file they would have done it by now, there is no benefit to waiting to file unless it is avoidable. While not the popular vote, I think they are going to avoid filing.

With no profits and serious bond notes coming due soon I don't see how they can not avoid it. Unless JO justs plans to sink the ship with no warning.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back