• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to file bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did anyone else notice how the channel 12 story didn't mention anything about issuing more stock? I wonder if our favorite failed stockbroker had the kibosh put on his little plan by the board?

For you guys saying that Mesa would have filed by now if they planned to file at all; you need to remember that denial is JO's greatest weakness.

I spent 7 years at Air Midwest/Mesa and will come out and say that I am NOT ashamed of the time I spent there. I do though agree with most of you that JO is a scumbag of the worst sort and has led the company to near disaster. That said, the pilot group I flew with had some of the best guys/gals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. These people bust their ass day in and day out with not an ounce of support from management to make things work. They do the same job you do with less support, less sleep, and still you have to sit here and remind them of how much you are looking forward to them being out of jobs. The last thing needed in this situation is a bunch of armchair airline CEO's on FI chanting on how much Mesa sucks. Guys....we get it....Mesa Sucks, no one knows that better than people that have been, or are still, working there. These are people's livings we are talking about...I dont care if its Mesa, Skybus, ATA, ect. The bottom line is these people have families to feed and bills to pay just like all of us. For those of you to sit here and relish the fact that they will soon possible all be out of work is in extremely poor taste. Now before I get flamed, as I know I will, there are those that I do not support at Mesa such as Freedom A-Listers and the scumbag management team that has gotten them into this mess. Just be careful when throwing stones when the flight decks you sit in are made of glass as well. Go ahead, flame away

A very diplomatic and thoughtful post; however if it was such a God awful experience which just about anybody acknowledges, why did so pilots stay or go there in the first place? With that kind of quality of life and piss poor pay, even as a captain, how was that anywhere close to a rationalized way to put "food on the table" or have a legitimate family life. The problem is it seems most (again most) guys staid or went over there after it was clearly established it was a terrible operation or staid for the quickest upgrade time possible lacking the regard for the rest of the profession as the contract is clearly substandard in relation to anyone else. When ACA/Independence and Aloha go under and Air Wisconsin is underbid, then there is an evidenced problematic issue. Sticking with the classic smaller turboprops that fly traditional "regional" routes, then your contract is a lot easier to accept. But that's not the case when you have 90 seaters on property. Blame to spread around for the scope issues and all that, but if zilch pilots had been willing to Mesa over the past few years, then maybe things would have changed for the better in this industry and profession.

Long story short, hope Mesa's demise is something future pilots will keep in mind just like in the case of Skybus that it's not worth it take a shortcut by going to the lowest work conditions for the quickest seniority movement. For those at Mesa that tried their best to improve the contract and were there prior to the contract signing but were committed to obtaining a fair or better deal, sorry, sympathy and respect. For the majority tunnel vision time builders, sympathy and respect is a very difficult concept.

Please don't defend Mesa. For the last year we had to read your rants about how soverytired you were of them. You were the last person I thought would defend them. WOW!:eek:

Hah! Someone did read all that beyotching after all!

I'm not defending Mesa . . . it's a terrible company, and now that I'm out and at a real airline, I can't believe I stayed there so long.

But I'm rooting for the pilots who are there to get a better job through a better contract, not rooting for 1500 of them to be kicked out on the street. Lots of good pilots there who either can't or won't leave, and they deserve better.

If they settle for another cripe contract or worse . . a concessionary one, I'll say that it's time for them to go . . . .

If Mesa goes under, Ornstein will be out of a job. I don't think he will EVER be let back into a position where he has control over ANY airline in the US. Now, let there be a shooting star with a rainbow over my head saying, "The More You Know". :)

Hope you're right. I do recall some scuttlebutt about Mesa buying some stock in Spirit awhile back. I wonder if that could mean a comfortable seat on the Spirit BOD in the future that could morph into something else?

:eek:

Hope you're right. I do recall some scuttlebutt about Mesa buying some stock in Spirit awhile back. I wonder if that could mean a comfortable seat on the Spirit BOD in the future that could morph into something else?

:eek:

Spirit has stock? I think they are a private co. with no BOD.

We're all hoping!

I'm mixed about that.. While I loth the company and all it's done to hurt pilots and our profession, the same was said of the starup I worked for (unfairly I would argue, but nevertheless)..

I never wish a fellow brother to lose his job.. and the hurt that can bring onto his family and own self.

Mesa needs to go away, but only in the context of maybe saving those jobs and making it a better place.

My prayers with them if this happens.

Latest resources

Back