• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA national reviewed this TA with the MEC and said in their opinion it was the best the Mesa pilot group could get fot the "times" . In their opinion along with the MEC, take a two year TA now, then negitiate later for a better contract when Mesa is in a better financial situation. I voted no on this TA regardless of the "situation"

76% of the pilots voted. It should have been closer to 90% on something this important.

$50 says everyone you talk to at Mesa says they voted no. Just another day in the life.

Why would you be angry at ALPA National? They had nothing to do with this.

The battle cry of the ALPA apologist...

They take credit for everything good that ever happened in this industry (including, I assume, the invention of the airplane).

But any time something goes wrong, it's always "It's not national's fault, it's all up to your local pilot group". So why pay dues to national then?

Personally I think national is remiss in it's obligation to all of it's members if it allows a pilot group like mesa to negotiate an industry-lagging contract without adult supervision.

Ive always tried to refrain from airing out the MAG pilot groups dirty laundry but I must state an obvious fact.

If this TA would have been voted down, this pilot group would have not been ready for the slug fest that would have to take place with this company. Why?

Roughly over 200 eligible pilots did NOT vote....

Its clear as day that a lot of MAG pilots don't give a rats a$$.

A lot of the NO voters feel that MGT could have given us more in this TA... I HIGHLE DOUBT THAT. MAG probably has no more than maybe 35 million in the back right now. This company wasn't in any real position to give us what we got. But we got it!

In 21 months the company must meet with the N.C. once every 10 days under the RLA. At this time there will be 7 other regional carriers negotiating with the Obama NMB.

-11/11 Days off for Line Holders and reservist

-PBS(Cut and paste language from CHQs PBS) w/ ALPA input. Once a month the Scheduling committee must be released to participate in the pairing construction process

-Min is 75.83 hours

-SAP(Schedule adjustment Period) modeled after SWA: for 3 days after your Preliminary award comes out you get to drop,swap , and pick up full pairings(automated) with only FAR restrictions. And the full ablity to drop your flying to 0 (of course your pay will be zero).

-Line Guarantee: 100% Pay protection. What you are awarded as your final bid is the minimum you get paid. If you pick up more flying or drop flying, then your Line guarantee is adjusted

- Block or better: Any flying done over than whats SCHEDULED, is on top of you Line Guarantee.* PER LEG bases *

Example: Say you are a reservist and you fly 1 trip worth 1 hour the entire month. And it takes 2 hours to complete. Your new min Gar. is now 76.83 hours

-FLICA unrestricted or any other software that may become available, with the ability to swap, trade,straight drop, and "trim" . With only FAR restrictions or reserve buffers.

-JAs and REA are Paid at 200% with language restricting JAs and REAS(which is also on top of your line Gar.)

-30 day bid periods

On a side note, at our hotel this morning when I went down to get my breakfast before the shuttle, there was no breakfast bag there, only 2 of our flight crew got one. After further investigation, it was determined that one of the mesa pilots who was supposed to go 2 hours later on the shuttle came down in uniform and posed as one of our crew and took the breakfast bag back up to his room. I gaurantee that person voted yes on this TA.

On a side note, at our hotel this morning when I went down to get my breakfast before the shuttle, there was no breakfast bag there, only 2 of our flight crew got one. After further investigation, it was determined that one of the mesa pilots who was supposed to go 2 hours later on the shuttle came down in uniform and posed as one of our crew and took the breakfast bag back up to his room. I gaurantee that person voted yes on this TA.

you ass...

- Block or better: Any flying done over than whats SCHEDULED, is on top of you Line Guarantee.* PER LEG bases *

Example: Say you are a reservist and you fly 1 trip worth 1 hour the entire month. And it takes 2 hours to complete. Your new min Gar. is now 76.83 hours

Wouldn't you have to credit 75.83 hours before you go over guarantee. This would be 2 hours CREDIT towards your minimum. Not over guarantee from day 1..... otherwise you would see reserve go wicked senior. At least thats how the other 2 airlines I have worked for did it.

Latest resources

Back