MESA TA passes 78%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Citation lover

Hey whatever dude, If you think you know so much about the industry, please enlighten me. By the way, what regional do you work for again? Oh yeah, I forgot you're talking out of your @ss!

hey buttplugger

i guess pilots are the ONLY ones who know about airlines.

I'm not blaming anyone Bean, I'm just saying it sucks and makes our job a little harder...

Thunderchief, I understand that this makes things a little harder. If you are making money on the 1900s and can prove it (always the kicker), there is no reason that you shouldn't get a raise or better workrules. Just do your self's a favor and make sure you leave a little room for a profit so your new pay raises don't become furloughs in the future. I wish you guys and others in negotiations the best. Good luck. -Bean :cool:

snip>>
The fact is that the 1900's at Mesa are losing money hand over fist under the current (old now) contract.

That is part of the problem with airlines today they operate aircraft and routes that actually lose money. Therefore the employees pay the price for mismanagement. If a planes loses money drop it if a route loses money drop it. What good is holding onto market share at the expense of profits.

Bean

Thanks for the pat on the back, beantown. We all have to remember that blaming other pilots for situations that management put us in is absolutely absurd and I wish the Mesa guys the best of luck.
-Thunderchief

That is part of the problem with airlines today they operate aircraft and routes that actually lose money. Therefore the employees pay the price for mismanagement. If a planes loses money drop it if a route loses money drop it. What good is holding onto market share at the expense of profits. [/B]

ACABlueridge, From a Mgmt point of view I agree with you. You have to remember that there are always other things that are in play. One being leases. It may be cheaper to lose 5 mil a year then to return 45 1900 to their owners and break the leases. I know Mesa owns some of there 1900 but I don't know how many. This is just one of may things that we (pilots) aren't privie to.

As pilots, this is a very tough issue. We want our company to make as much money as possible so we can get paid more. So the company can obtain financing to grow, creating job security and so the airline has the cash to make it through the tough times like these. On the other hand, the retirement of these losing aircraft means furloughs, at least in the short run. The union tends to look short term (one of there biggest problems if you ask me) and so they chose to try and protect the jobs even if it costs the company long term stability. -Bean

Got an idea

Maybe the scumbags at ASA/Comair who support the RJDC can also find a way to sue Mesa ALPA for "limiting their careers". I hope Delta doesn't jump on the band wagon and start handing over flying to the Mesa whorehouse. But hey, why not, ASA and Comiar have no scope to protect their own flying. There is nothing that prevents Delta from doing this. Scope is a dirty word, right. Yeah, until it furloughs pilots and parks airplanes or defers deliveries at your airline and you watch the flying go to someone else. Isn't this why the Skywest and ACA pilots are bitching about Mesa? I hope the idiots involved with the RJDC start seeing the big picture. Mainline is not the enemy. We have not limited your careers. The fight you need to be in is the one that gets you scope and protects your flying before your growth comes to a halt as well. You need to place all that ill-conceived will where it should be directed. NOT MAINLINE. You would have no job if it wasn't for mainline. Face it, if you didn't have mainline's tit to suck off you would starve to death. Focus all you efforts on the real problems. What comes around, goes around. Aint unity a beautiful thing.

All you people talking about refusing the jumpseat to Mesa need to be careful. If you start a jumpseat war, you're playing with fire and EVERYONE is going to get burned. Take a look at Delta and Comair; those guys are not exactly best friends but you don't see them denying the jumpseat.

If you regional guys really want to be treated like mainline pilots, then start acting like professionals instead of a bunch of junior high school kids.

I am part of the 22% that voted NO at Mesa. I for one could not accept a TA that sends a message out to the ENTIRE industry that we are worth less than a two bit whore. I can work anywhere for 18K a year and be home every night with my family. I am more than disappointed with my company, MEC, and fellow employees. This vote shows every management team that they too can try the same BS during their negotiations and have a good chance of getting away with it. I wish the rest of the industry luck and only hope that their pilot group has more self respect than mine did......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back