• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA strikes again- Jet blast injuries at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well...there goes all single engine operations out of the F alley again...just 2 months after it was approved I'm sure we'll get another memo in a few days saying no single engine taxiing anymore. Bah.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. You should have to get your CFII to get your ATP and you should have to have 1500 to fly part 121. It would make everything so much better.

Yes because being able to do Unusual attitudes and ILS approaches from the right seat would have prevented the incident today.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. You should have to get your CFII to get your ATP and you should have to have 1500 to fly part 121. It would make everything so much better.

Why would I need a CFII to be an effective Airline Transport Pilot?

Hell- I don't even have my CFI, let alone my CFII. Never done an hour of flight instruction in my life. But I did have 1500+ (HARD) hours when I got hired at ASA.

Hell- I don't even have my CFI, let alone my CFII. Never done an hour of flight instruction in my life. But I did have 1500+ (HARD) hours when I got hired at ASA.

Why, was the gear handle sticky?

Well...there goes all single engine operations out of the F alley again...just 2 months after it was approved I'm sure we'll get another memo in a few days saying no single engine taxiing anymore. Bah.

Single engine shouldn't be a big deal if you think what's behind before you add thrust. Not to bash Mesa again, but had the same experience with them in ORF. As they swung out of the parking space, the dipsh!t guns the thrust levers. I've never felt a plane shake as bad as ours did from the jet blast, not to mention the nice sandblasting we received. I thought we got plowed into by a 747. The F.O. looks out his window and says how that Mesa 145 just blasted out of his spot. Obviously the guy felt T/O thrust was needed to spin out. It was one of the most pathetic displays of "unsituational" awareness I've ever witnessed. A few seconds later a ramper comes up all pissed off. I asked him what was up. His response "@#*in' Mesa just blew over one of my rampers and he got some nice road rash. He also damaged one of our carts." He couldn't wait to file his report. Sounds like they might need rearview mirrors so they can watch the carnage they create.

Lets be honest, nothing looks good on you. :beer:

Yeah thats true, I dont frost my hair, Oakleys look stupid on me, (Unless I'm going for the John Daly golfer look), and well my hat, I wear it.

I always wondered if the real "old-timers" complained about when cellphones were made available to everybody. "Do you see that punk on that walkie-talkie" (in regards to size of original mobiles), He is bringing down the industry.

Now everybody talks on them.

Latest resources

Back