• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MED

Royer!
Hi guys,

I'm considering accepting a Dash 8 Ca. position with MESA because I'm desperate for PIC time; I have plenty of heavy jet SIC time with almost 7000 TT and no majors will touch my applications because I do not meet their stupid 1000 PIC requirements.
Any comments?

M.E.D.

do you have a wife and/or kids that you like to see every now and then?....or do you just plain like enjoying life?...

because with only 8 days off a month, I don't see how you possibly can. good luck...I wouldn't do it..Take the way with more self respect..

I do have family and with my current schedule right now (3weeks on 1 week off, plus the commute half way around the world) I think the 8 days off is a better deal.

I work for Mesa. I understand your situation. Look around, there are better deals out there. Trust me. DON'T COME TO MESA. -Bean

I work for Mesa. I understand your situation. Look around, there are better deals out there. Trust me. DON'T COME TO MESA. -Bean

Can you explain more? What kind of complains do you have for Mesa? I'm not going there to make money so you can skip the salary issue.

thanks,
M.E.D.

Can you explain more? What kind of complains do you have for Mesa? I'm not going there to make money so you can skip the salary issue.

thanks,
M.E.D.

Can you not upgrade where you are? If they are worried about you not having a type rating at all go get a type in a citation or something-it would be out of pocket but WTF you would be way ahead of going to Mesa! Will your outfit let you take a leave of absence to do this so that you have somewhere to go when you get the pic time? Just things to think about...

from what I understand they won't assign a captain slot until -after- training so it's a bit of a risk... Doesn't seem worth it.

I'm pretty sure the street captain thing is over.

Come here now and you can be someone's beyotch for 3-4 years if you like (sleep on an airplane, live in the airport on 12 hour ready reserve shifts for 6 days on/2 days off)

Or go to skywest and upgrade in 1.7 years, or Republic for that matter.

I'm not going there to make money so you can skip the salary issue.

thanks,
M.E.D.
Tell them that on the interview and they might even make you chief pilot.

Latest resources

Back