• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA street CA position

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If salary isn't an issue, find a left seat freight hauling job at your home airport. Nothing glamorous, but at least a B1900. Get your 1000 (1300 for SWA) and get outta there. FAR 135 will let you fly 1200 a year instead of 121 1000 too.

Good luck!

There are a hundred corporate jobs out there that you can get 1000 pic jet. Go get one of those. Everything in your life will be better.

The interview board may see that you have heavy jet time and figure out that you will be gone in a year or less. They may not want to put the training money into you. Sad to say.....you may have gone past the point of no return.....maybe Mesa wouldn't hire you!!! Trust me, that is a good thing for you. Good Luck!

I believe that Mesa is still hiring for street CA for the Dash-8 Delta operation, east coast. They do not care if you have heavy time-and in fact your experience would be very welcomed for this position. There will be a one year signing contract that is pro-rated. So if you need PIC 121 time-which is what most majors are looking for-then apply. PM me if you want.

Dont do it dude........there are plenty of other gigs out there without the pity. Having that emblom on your ID is like walking around with a goiter. Is that the correct spelling of g-o-i-t-e-r. Oh well.....dont ruin your life bro.

Bean-just a question, don't take it personal...I'm not trying to come after you or anything, but was just wondering, you work for Mesa and always tell people not to come to work there. If you feel that strongly about it why don't you leave? A lot of people feel that same way and offer advice to people to not come there, but if everyone would take their own advice, don't you think that would help things out for the long run?

Last edited:
Have you considered flying an MD80 for Allegiant? They'll hire without a significant amount of turbine PIC, and upgrades are faster than other airlines (maybe because they pay slightly more than the better regionals, but then again, it still beats being a street captain for MESA).

Can you explain more? What kind of complains do you have for Mesa? I'm not going there to make money so you can skip the salary issue.

thanks,
M.E.D.

I don't have all day to fully explain mesa, but please don't do it.

Try SKW instead:

EMB-120 Upgrade in 4-6 months.

You can do the EMB upgrade even if you get hired into the CRJ. They waive the one year equipment lock for upgrades.

1200 hours/year on the EMB (grandfather rules).

Lot's of bases available.

Bean-just a question, don't take it personal...I'm not trying to come after you or anything, but was just wondering, you work for Mesa and always tell people not to come to work there. If you feel that strongly about it why don't you leave? A lot of people feel that same way and offer advice to people to not come there, but if everyone would take their own advice, don't you think that would help things out for the long run?

Although I can't answer on behalf of Bean, I can say that most of us are trying to get out...if not already in LAMA (Life After Mesa Airlines). Captains are getting picked up at an increased rate to most all operators as major airline hiring picks up. Realatively junior FOs (under 2 years) are leaving for Republic and Skywest. Those that are staying for a little while are junior captains (that need pic) and senior FOs (that are on the cusp of an upgrade). I, myself, could have been outta here within the last year or so, but I am hoping that industry consolidation does not occur and I am holding out for DL & UAL.

Wish me luck.

ZP

Latest resources

Back