MESA street CA position

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi guys,

I'm considering accepting a Dash 8 Ca. position with MESA because I'm desperate for PIC time; I have plenty of heavy jet SIC time with almost 7000 TT and no majors will touch my applications because I do not meet their stupid 1000 PIC requirements.
Any comments?

M.E.D.

Yeah, that's such a stupid requirement, having pilots with proven track record in making command decisions in complex aircraft.

I wouldn't count on getting the Dash Captain spot even if Mesa has offered it to you already. Mesa is notorious for bait and switch when it comes to that sort of thing. You will get whatever seat they think they need you in, no matter how much time you have in your logbook. When you show up for training they will put you in whatever airplane they feel like. The training department here is chaotic at best and you will not necessarily end up where they told you at the interview.

I wanted the Dash or 1900 and got the CRJ. I spoke to a new hire recently who went all the way through ERJ ground school and on the last day of class was told he would be on the CRJ instead. Guess what, another three weeks of systems class for him. When I met him, he had been with the company for three months and hadn't even been to the sim yet. Don't believe any promises that Mesa makes to you. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for all the inputs, I filed a LOA from my current airline so after I get my PIC time I have an option to go back. I only need 500 PIC time anyway.

Hey, I think GoJets is still hiring left seaters with your kind of time... perfect opportunity for those who are tired of waiting for seniority. And, it looks great on your resume!

Hey, I think GoJets is still hiring left seaters with your kind of time... perfect opportunity for those who are tired of waiting for seniority. And, it looks great on your resume!

Crazy enough, there is one GoJetter in gs at CAL. I guess thats fitting considering the history there.

Latest resources

Back