• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Positioning for Chapter 11?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man if Mesa goes bankrupt there will be a full flock of vultures circling. Everyone will want to capture that flying. Looks like this is what we have to look forward to in terms of growth for our companies. Outlast the other regionals and swoop in when one falls by the wayside. I am sure there are lots of regional CEOs checking in on the financial status of XJET and Mesa on a daily basis.

Food for thought, DIP financing and assets...MESA has over 100 million in A/C parts for assets

So says JO... :rolleyes:

I'd be interesting to see an actual audit of that parts count...which I'm sure would be required prior to any financing.

GE-CF34-3B1 IDG??? This looks like a used alternator off a '93 Chevy Astro-van...

They got that before this whole mess got worse. Do you really see Mesa attaining the same?

I thought it was a miracle when Frontier got a backer when they did, and I'd like to see them succeed.

That said, their business model is (as I understand it) to compete with both United and Southwest airlines out of Denver. They were in big, big trouble once Southwest started playing in their sandbox.

Nevertheless . . someone thought they were worth throwing a few tens of millions at. I don't know why ANYONE would back a bankrupt airline in the best of times, yet there you have it.

Who's to say Mesa won't be next?

Man if Mesa goes bankrupt there will be a full flock of vultures circling. Everyone will want to capture that flying. Looks like this is what we have to look forward to in terms of growth for our companies. Outlast the other regionals and swoop in when one falls by the wayside. I am sure there are lots of regional CEOs checking in on the financial status of XJET and Mesa on a daily basis.

Yes and no. The 50 seat CRJ is dead . . . most of Mesa's contractors would love to see Mesa disappear and take their lift to the grave.

According to their website, they only have 65 CRJ 700/900's total, and I suspect at least a dozen of those are actually CRJ 9's that Delta owns and has already found homes for.

The remaining 120 or so planes are either 50 seaters (junk), B1900 (total garbage), or DHC-8's (nice niche, but these baby's have been ridden hard and it's time to put them away wet).

UAL approached Pinnacle as a plan B for the Mesa flying?

That's pretty funny, especially since 1/3 of SkyWest is on reserve (or so I've heard) and is ready to expand rapidly, should the need arise......
I think we can say that UAL would go to SkyWest to operate these aircraft, before 9E - just ask Delta.

That's pretty funny, especially since 1/3 of SkyWest is on reserve (or so I've heard) and is ready to expand rapidly, should the need arise......
I think we can say that UAL would go to SkyWest to operate these aircraft, before 9E - just ask Delta.

Comair's CEO has stated publicly a number of times that United has approached us for the flying as well. Delta has given us the O.K. as long as it doesn't compete head to head on any routes. Untied management has also been to our GO touring our facilities.

Yes, because no pilot at any major and/or legacy carrier would ever "take further cuts, further lower the bar" by having a Ch 11 bk judge shove a new contract down their throats. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right . . . Ch 11 will make Mesa "leaner and meaner", and would ultimately hurt all other regional lift providers if they manage to find DIP financing to keep the thing afloat.

I don't get what your saying, "because no pilot at a major would ever do it?" Screw off d!ck head. Has any cut in flight crew bennies ever been good?

Latest resources

Back