• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Positioning for Chapter 11?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair's CEO has stated publicly a number of times that United has approached us for the flying as well. Delta has given us the O.K. as long as it doesn't compete head to head on any routes. Untied management has also been to our GO touring our facilities.

This is in the news where ?!? Good to see YOU are doing so well. Im sure all the major CEOs are in line to have YOU provide feed for them.

This is in the news where ?!? Good to see YOU are doing so well. Im sure all the major CEOs are in line to have YOU provide feed for them.

calm down man. Someone stated that United was looking at pinnacle and another guy said skywest should get the flying. Jump on their backs too?? I was merely pointing out the fact that United is looking at alot of companies.

As far as the YOU comments. We obviously aren't doing so well at comair. Mostly do to the fact that Mesa exist at all.

Really? So I suppose you must work for SWA, because otherwise you're working for a job that "sucks" . . and what rational person would waste their lives and their freedom being miserable?

Dino Dude:

Go back through the posts. My response had to do with a comment on retirement benefits. I actually enjoy my 'job' and wouldn't be flying if I didn't. FWIW, inasmuch as SWA has some great work rules and pays well, I wouldn't be happy working there.

Since you seek clarity, SWA doesn't 'suck' because it's just about the only airline that treats its employees as assets not adversaries. That's a philosophy that won't find its way in to any board room at the majors and certainly the regionals, IMHO.

As for the word 'sucks', it's a tired, over used term that has lost its meaning. It was a bit of a pun on the cliche "Mesa Sucks" thing which dominates the mentality on this board.

I still like this board though. Rock on dude!

Dino Dude:

Go back through the posts. My response had to do with a comment on retirement benefits. I actually enjoy my 'job' and wouldn't be flying if I didn't. FWIW, inasmuch as SWA has some great work rules and pays well, I wouldn't be happy working there.

Since you seek clarity, SWA doesn't 'suck' because it's just about the only airline that treats its employees as assets not adversaries. That's a philosophy that won't find its way in to any board room at the majors and certainly the regionals, IMHO.

As for the word 'sucks', it's a tired, over used term that has lost its meaning. It was a bit of a pun on the cliche "Mesa Sucks" thing which dominates the mentality on this board.

I still like this board though. Rock on dude!

Heh. Yeah, I agree. On flightinfo, "SUCK" has lost all meaning!

I actually do think there are some legacy carriers out there that, while not the great places they once were pre 9/11, are still pretty awesome jobs.

I also think that under the new presidential administration, a heavily re-regulated airline industry is not outside the bounds of possibility. For the legacy carriers, this will be good.

Not so good for the flying public, or taxpayer, or future pilot wanna-be's . . but good for legacy pilots.

Latest resources

Back