• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots in PHX with plywood boards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pinnacle- you need 48 hours notice to be assigned any CDO with less than 6 hours on the ground, normally 5 hours scheduled/ 4 hours unscheduled for a dayroom, and always hotels on CDOs.

That some funny ********************, hope it's snowing and your APU inop, almost as funny as watching you guy making block pay when the ramp is closed for hours...

Was in PHX recently and saw a few Mesa pilots carrying around plywood boards with the rest of their stuff. What's up with the plywood?

Actually, if you are on the CRJ, I can give you a tip so you don't have to look as pitiful as you are carrying around plywood boards. You can remove the seat cushion from one row, and then place it between the two aisle seats of another row. You can't sit on it, but it will give you enough a$$ support while lying down. It's gotta be more comfortable than plyboard.

The extra comfort should give you room to grow some balls..

That some funny ********************, hope it's snowing and your APU inop, almost as funny as watching you guy making block pay when the ramp is closed for hours...

I was thinking this as they waited 60 minutes for a ramp spot in JFK today. Comair, you guys making money... yeap. Chautauqua yeap... Mesa... silence. And by the way... I didn't know you could fly a dash eight with an engine cowling that looks like someone took a baseball bat to it. I guess you get what you pay for.

I was thinking this as they waited 60 minutes for a ramp spot in JFK today. Comair, you guys making money... yeap. Chautauqua yeap... Mesa... silence. And by the way... I didn't know you could fly a dash eight with an engine cowling that looks like someone took a baseball bat to it. I guess you get what you pay for.

You can fly a Dash 8 with the whole airplane looking like someone took a baseball bat to it. Ever seen ours?

We're 5 hours for a day room, no CDOs.

Because pilots are willing to whore themselves to the lowest denominator (MESA) in the industry at any price under any conditions. This is America, Land of Opportunity. There are other alternatives. Get off your arse and find them. Do you not live your life based on a set of values and principals?

Its obvious that you know nothing about mesa's pilots or the old F8. its usually the the one's that dont know that bietch the most.

The camping trips at Mesa are NOT cdos. They are night trips with a sit (usually around 2.5 hrs). Mesa crews get hotels for cdos just like everyone else. This flying is out of LAS and are redeyes. They are not one day trips. They are part of 3 or 4 day trips that involve multiple legs.

Think of it this way. You have a 5 leg day. After leg 3 you have a 2.5 hr sit. Then 2 more legs. The only difference is this is all night flying (think fright dog).

My guess is that no airline (regional) has protections against this in there contract. I can assure you that when Mesas next contract is over they will have protections against this type of flying. -Bean

ps, Not defending Mesa for these types of trips, just trying to get some facts strights as usual on this site.

Latest resources

Back