• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots in PHX with plywood boards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heres a question...........in regards to the first post, was that for real or just flame to get this subject going? Seriously carrying plywood to lay across the seats so they can sleep. I've seen the video, just not the wood........

Why do you people work there??

This is by no means a jab towards you Soverytired. Thanks for showing people what it's like there.

None taken. Actually, I keep posting this "crip" because I'm furious that the FAA won't take action to make this kind of stuff illegal. At the end of the day, Mesa can say with a straight face that they're just following the law.

As to working here: for most, it's a bit of a gamble. Get in, get on, get off, get out kinda thing. For those who can't get out . . . . it seems like a faustian bargain.

TT: I agree, this place has great folks. (except a certain "The Kidd" . . .. UGH!) And I've certainly had much worse jobs, so all the kevetching needs to be kept in persepective.

Rode hard and put away wet, indeed (would that I were so lucky). . .. :)

Last edited:
Heres a question...........in regards to the first post, was that for real or just flame to get this subject going? Seriously carrying plywood to lay across the seats so they can sleep. I've seen the video, just not the wood........

I've never seen one, and lord knows I've done alot of these camping trips. But then I haven't seen a purple windbreaker (a.ka. the "barney jacket") for at least 6 years, but to read it here you'd think it was everywhere.

Sleeping bags, jammies, cots, pillows, sleep masks, ear plugs, ear-muff type hearing protectors, fa's with their tops off as they change (sweet), portable alarm clocks, and surprised passengers coming on board with shirtless crewmembers sleeping in the back across the aisle . . .. . yes.

Boards . .. . no.

Still, spawned an awful lot of puns, no?

That is a valid point, I dont know what the average work month is like at Mesa, but I dont think that they get as many days off as most regionals. I hope that this new contract gets you guys better work rules at Mesa, after all we are all in this together.

Typical. Do you listen to yourself type? "I dont know what.....,but"
If you dont know then STFU!

Latest resources

Back