• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out of BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Damn, we (SKYW) cant buy enough 200's. Im doing paint shop flights left and right flying Mesa RJ's, old BR planes from Chitaquea?, even Mexican RJ's to get painted in DL and SKYW colors. SKYW mgmt is smart and they have this crap lined up well in advance. Its been years since people have been talkin about how the 200s are not going to be around anymore, but I dont see it. We are short on planes and pilots! Good luck to everyone and Im votin NO

Mesa's 900's have too many seats for Mesa to be merged with either ASA or Skyw. DALPA's contact restricts connection carriers to no more than 76 seats, so if acquired Mesa would have to remain a separate entity. No merger or integration.

The DAL scope covers all the aircraft operated by a connection carrier, regardless of who they are operated for. That is why when ACA ordered Airbuses Delta canceled their Dojet contract.

Correct. And that's why Mesa (which sucks by the way) needed the Freedom certificate to fly for Delta.

Holy crap! Very very good point fellas. I, and Im sure most people on here did not realize that an 86 seat jet is a contract violation regardless of who you fly for.

Mesa will indeed have to remain separate if its purchased by Inc. I wonder if they will keep the XJET certificate in the backburner...

Holy crap! Very very good point fellas. I, and Im sure most people on here did not realize that an 86 seat jet is a contract violation regardless of who you fly for.

Mesa will indeed have to remain separate if its purchased by Inc. I wonder if they will keep the XJET certificate in the backburner...

Im sure USair would love to get some premium passangers and have the 76 seat config...

I've been making payments on our scope with every paycheck since our '03 contract. We should be ready to fight tooth and nail to make it stick.

We don't have to fight for that. Suspending our scope clause is not part of the BK. It will be there.

We don't have to fight for that. Suspending our scope clause is not part of the BK. It will be there.

Kind of like XJT's scope clause. I heard a lot of chest thumping about that one. They are not exercising the merge of all three airlines XJT/ASA/SKW due to possibly losing in court and other threats by SKW. The XJT pilot group is much more organized and unified than Mesa's pilot group and they are folding on scope. Mesa pilots will fold on their scope clause for similar reasons. It's poor timing for you guys to finally try to lead the industry on anything, especially scope.

Latest resources

Back