• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa now loses the previously awarded Delta flying due to attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We don't have the pilots to cover what we already have, let alone any new flying. Substantially less newhires then attrition (75 pilots left in May, out of 1650), with no relief in sight. Lines on the ERJ averaged over 90 hours for the bid (28 days). Everybody is going to be timed out in mid Novemeber at this rate...

Those boys in PHX are burning this house of cards on their own, all the pilots have to do is their normal jobs to have this place crash and burn...:angryfire :uzi:

Any truth that the AirMidwest unit is shrinking to transfer crews to the jet?

Any truth to the rumor I hear that the Mesa CRJ base has 6012 hrs of open time in June?

Whoa nellie!

Any truth to the rumor I hear that the Mesa CRJ base has 6012 hrs of open time in June?

Whoa nellie!

Ya know, I wish I had a chance at some of that if it was at my company. Don't think I'll take a shot at it over there though!

In fact in face of this magnitude of failure to perform the battle cry from outside the moat should be "Let him eat cake!"

Last edited:

Whoa nellie!

Yes. But that reflects open time for all CRJ bases combined.

Remember though, guys bid hard lines knowing they're going on vacation, and that gets kicked into open time. Ideally, the company knows this is going to happen and plans on most of the open time going to reserve pilots.

However, Mesa is hardly "ideal." There's lots to pick up, and it's paid at 2x instead of the normal 1.5x. One small problem: With lines being built at 90+ hrs, it's hard to pick it up and be legal. And with reserve lines having only 2 days off, it's hard to get the 24 off in 7.

Latest resources

Back