• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe its Mesa thats more of our WO'ed Brother then PSA. :)

Don't forget that your new "brothers" will fly a Dash for a lot less money.

So, it's starting to look like instead of being liquidated and simply going away...Mesa got more support from US Airways and is being positioned to further lower the bar. Is that about what it amounts to?

So, it's starting to look like instead of being liquidated and simply going away...Mesa got more support from US Airways and is being positioned to further lower the bar. Is that about what it amounts to?

Pretty much.

I wonder if the other US Airways Express carriers will now get to compete for more flying at the same reduced rates?

You can bet on that. Typical Parker, you're going to have to take a pay cut but..............ummmmm yeaahhhhh(office space) you're going to need to work harder so I can get my obscene bonus. What a piece of #$%#@%@ sh!t. Thank goodness I don't rely on that place for a paycheck anymore.

Yup I believe a few old timers at PSA have been quite upset that they aren't seeing that 90 seat machine roll into DAY.
"We gotta bid low to get the planes on property, we can renegotiate the rates in our current negotiations"

Looks like the boys got played like a fiddle. Agreed to substandard rates, which was used against Mesa I'm sure, and STILL extend their contract negotiations.

Would it not have been a little smarter to explain to them, you want 900 rates, we want a contract. here....let's deal. Instead it's....Oh Oh Oh ...we need these rates right away or the planes are gonna fly right by. Excuse me, but it looks like they needed the rates right away 'cause Mesa wasn't playing with lowering their rates, as they were competative. As soon as US got those PSA rates, they faxed 'em to PHX and walked into JO's office...."Check mate"

Oh ya....not sure when it happened....but some of your psa boys, should think twice about starting a jump seat denial campaign....kinda stupid.

Crzipilot, did you steal my post off of the psapilots board?

A few of points to keep in mind:

- Mesa's overall fleet count will go down with no replacement for the 200.

- The Dash 8 contract remains up in the air, but will exire Summer 2012 unless extended.

- With a small fleet of 900s/700s Mesa puts itself in great poistion to be sold

- Oh, and MAG still is in bankruptcy with no approved POR yet.

Yup I believe a few old timers at PSA have been quite upset that they aren't seeing that 90 seat machine roll into DAY.
"We gotta bid low to get the planes on property, we can renegotiate the rates in our current negotiations"

Looks like the boys got played like a fiddle. Agreed to substandard rates, which was used against Mesa I'm sure, and STILL extend their contract negotiations.

Would it not have been a little smarter to explain to them, you want 900 rates, we want a contract. here....let's deal. Instead it's....Oh Oh Oh ...we need these rates right away or the planes are gonna fly right by. Excuse me, but it looks like they needed the rates right away 'cause Mesa wasn't playing with lowering their rates, as they were competative. As soon as US got those PSA rates, they faxed 'em to PHX and walked into JO's office...."Check mate"

Oh ya....not sure when it happened....but some of your psa boys, should think twice about starting a jump seat denial campaign....kinda stupid.

Sad part is thats what many predicted would happen before the vote! And still 87% voted for the rates! So Mesa can thank PSA for lowering the bar. Nice!!!!

Whats sad about this is where is the union that I pay 1500.00 a year? Shouldn't ALPA jump in this kinda ********************????

I believe the "rates" that are being discussed are the monthly aircraft lease rates. Airways could not give the aircraft to PSA because they are not Airways owned aircraft.

Latest resources

Back