Mesa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not Mesa owned either.

Nope, not on a psa board. Just look at the situation and POOF it appears.

I'm sure whomever holds the paper on the 900's would be MORE than happy to transfer such rates over to PSA/PDT/wisky/tsa etc etc in a blink of an eye.

the rates I was talking about were the PAY rates PSA agreed to recently, the article was talking the rate that US will pay mesa, which has been lowered.

I find it kinda laughable though, as before the vote, I saw one of the senior capts, almost frantically grabbing every PSA'er he could in the concourses and hold court on how much a YES vote was vital to their career progression etc etc blah blah blah, "if we don't agree to some sort of rate, those airplanes will never come here, we can't ask for too much" Saw him recently....HAHA he seems a bit po'd that PSA has spanked him........(though he probably liked that)

Whats sad about this is where is the union that I pay 1500.00 a year? Shouldn't ALPA jump in this kinda ********************????

WSurf,

If they were supposed to jump on that, they would have jumped on delta back in the 80's letting ANY sort of jet to be outsourced.......

Unfortunately ALPA believes each group has a thinking cap on, and can decide what is best for their situation. Hence alpa can always sit back and say, well you guys voted for it....not our fault.

Where, in the past 20 yrs have you seen alpa come out and say...Hmmmm.. We screwed up, we gotta fix this....... (besides plater with his takin it back campaign....only thing he took back was his make up pay after working for CO post strike for so long, oh and maybe a few cheezburgers)

Us airways needs those airplanes flying. They were never going to give Psa cash to go out and buy new ones. They just wanted Psa to give a rock bottom price so they could go back to Mesa and negotiate. Psa did us airways a big favor. And in return got 6 more days of contract negotiating. Not a fair trade IMHO.
Only 36 people at Psa could see this tactic. Far too many had wet dreams of flying a heavy rj.

Thanks for voting NO........Your MEC Sucks along with 88% of your pilots

Yup I believe a few old timers at PSA have been quite upset that they aren't seeing that 90 seat machine roll into DAY.
"We gotta bid low to get the planes on property, we can renegotiate the rates in our current negotiations"

Looks like the boys got played like a fiddle. Agreed to substandard rates, which was used against Mesa I'm sure, and STILL extend their contract negotiations.

Would it not have been a little smarter to explain to them, you want 900 rates, we want a contract. here....let's deal. Instead it's....Oh Oh Oh ...we need these rates right away or the planes are gonna fly right by. Excuse me, but it looks like they needed the rates right away 'cause Mesa wasn't playing with lowering their rates, as they were competative. As soon as US got those PSA rates, they faxed 'em to PHX and walked into JO's office...."Check mate"

Oh ya....not sure when it happened....but some of your psa boys, should think twice about starting a jump seat denial campaign....kinda stupid.

I was told the MESA MEC Chairman went crazy when those rates accepted by PSA.......any truth?

I was told the MESA MEC Chairman went crazy when those rates accepted by PSA.......any truth?

Why would he go crazy????? Don't forget Mesa has undercut the industry for many years. So in a wierd way it was kinda funny watchin' it happen to them.
But this is the kinda stuff that has got to stop.

What's it matter anyway. I doubt that j.o. Will go to Mesa pilots and ask for a pay cut. Everyone that got a downgrade took a 50% hit. Then to ask for more will require big balls.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back