• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa may file bankruptcy protection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree. I think JO's dug himself and MAG into too big of a hole to dig himself back out of. He'll take his golden parachute and bail while the company comes crashing down. He won't be able to find the DIP financing to successfully restructure in Chapter 11 in this environment, especially with all carriers scaling back their RJ feed. I predict MAG will be done by the end of the year.

The BK laws are a great deal different than when DAL, USAIR and others declared BK........I would think along the lines of Ch 7

I hope every Mesa pilot ends up on the street. ****************************** bags!

Bit of advice.

I'd keep that sentiment to yourself if you get hired on to a major carrier or decent fractional.

Mesa has been the training ground for hundreds, if not thousands of pilots who are now working for real airlines.

Small world and all.

Hate to say it, but SKYW stock is semi-plummeting too. It's lost $4/share in the past 2 or 3 days.

Mesa filing BK does not mean they are going away. Like Delta, NW, USAirways, Frontier, etc they will reduce debt, lower costs, ditch leases and keep flying....probably undercutting even more since their costs are now lower. They can go to their partners and ask for more business by offering them a cheaper product.

Meas and JO are not going anywhere.....

Just like Aloha, Champion, Eos, and ATA too?

The bankruptcy laws have changed dramatically since all those declared (except Frontier, who will need a miracle to emerge)...

MESA SUCKS CANT WAIT TO SEE THE CRAPHOLE DISAPPEAR!!!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO BE THERE STILL SO LEAVE BEFORE YOU END UP ON THE STREET WITH EVERYONE WHO STAYED!!!!! AND NEW GUYS DONT GO THERE YOULL ONLY BE ON THE STREET IN A FEW WEEKS AND SINCE YOU GAVE UP YOUR OTHER JOB YOU WILL PROBABLY LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX IN SOME ALLEY. (Which is more then mesa pilots can say since they cant afford said box, after all they only get payed wheels up to weight on wheels. Must feel good to sit for 2 hours in line for takeoff making nothing. Or when they dead you to Hawaii and only pay you 4 hours for a 9 hour flight. You have only yourselves to blame, leave the craphole and go somewhere else almost anywhere is better except GO you guys really suck hard at life, bunch of tool bags that couldnt get jobs elsewhere cause your too ugly for society. I saw one of your pilots looked like Sloth from the Goonies.)

....probably undercutting even more since their costs are now lower. They can go to their partners and ask for more business by offering them a cheaper product.

quote]

The MEC wont let this happen. Trust me!

He only gave the bottom 400 pilots WARN notices and not the whole company. We are still experiencing high attrition. 30 - 40 or so per month. . It is hard for me to imagine furloghes. That being said I do have a copy of my ID and LES just incase I have to get home on the 30th. Resume is ready to go.

i hope your right. I was 395 of 400 when the letters came out. all i need is 6 more people senior to me to quit

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back