• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa losing DEN Dash 8 flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps Colgan Q400's.. Maybe this has something to do with the rumors of training department in MEM getting setup for classes in Jan.. it isn't for the Pinnacle side.

Will they have to do mountain ice training this time? Aspen is a little different than Syracuse.

IMO, Skywest will pick up this flying. I have a feeling that Q400 statement that was pulled from the Skywest memo has some substance. Also, I highly doubt UAL will be giving any RAH subsidiary any more flying.

It is not a matter of giving RAH any more flying. It is UAL taking advantage of someone's existing operation and cutting their own risk and expenditures on parallel route structures. It just so happens in this HYPOTHETICAL scenario that an RAH subsidiary offers the parallel route structure.

What makes you think United will do anything intelligent regarding their choices in contract lift? They have cut Air Wisconsin and ACA, two of their best RJ operators. They continue to utilize Mesa despite years of operational problems (not a stab at the pilots, but rather the overall operational challenges). They utilize Colgan and Trans States, two more companies that have serious operational issues due to managerial shortcomings. They have had poorly executed shifts in ground operations in Chicago and Dulles. The list goes on and on.

Codesharing with a competitor is not unusual. Any codeshare requires you to direct money from your own pockets into another company's coffers. Delta codeshares with Midwest. United codeshares with US Airways. This list, too, goes on and on. Codeshares happen. UAL codesharing with RAH is the same as UAL codesharing with ANYONE else. What, in the eyes of management, would make codesharing with RAH any worse than codesharing with US Airways? We pilots have far more brand loyalty than our bosses. Codesharing hurts our job prospects, but it improves management's job longevity and standing in the eyes of the board. So tell me again why United would not codeshare with RAH?

For the record, i do not think UAL will actually code share with RAH. I was merely pointing it out as a valid option for UAL. Your post was grounded in poor logic, so I have merely tried to show you the fault I perceive in your argument.

Wichita (US Airways) is closing at the end of October. It was one of the original destinations for America West back in the 1980's. They just announced the closer of Colorado Springs flying too.

It's F*cking PSA all over again.

Wow. The potential for more pilots on the street and that's what you have to say? Really classy.

At least someone gets it.

For those who slept through aviation history PSA was a low coast carrier based in LAX that US Airways bought in the 1990's. They then began the slow withdrawal of west coast flying until all the PSA flying was history.

Once again the middle management of US Airways proves they have no F*ucking clue how to fly west of the Mississippi. I mean, these waste of oxygen peaces of human excrement have proved time and again over the last 25+ years that they have zero competence in running an airline.

Yet somehow this nightmare of an airline survives by grafting on pieces of other, better run airlines upon themselves. Then they continue to stagger into the night like some post deregulation Frankenstein.

But I'm not bitter...I don't even work for them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back