Mesa losing DEN Dash 8 flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see three options:

1- UAL will just let the Dash go away, with no replacement. That could equate to forfeiting some customers entirely, something UAL cannot afford to do.

2- Skywest will be tapped to pick up the slack. Not sure how the Brasilia does in that kind of environment, but it seems to do just fine out West.

3- UAL will codeshare with Frontier on the Lynx flights out of DEN. A few new Q400's may be purchased, and RAH would be happy to have someone else helping to sell tickets on its stand alone ops. UAL gets a piece of the pie with no expenditure, and RAH gets additional revenue. Seems like a win-win for two companies that seem to need each other to survive.

The first option seems unlikely. The second option would be the best overall, I feel. The third option would be the least expensive, and only an option to the most financially strapped of companies.

IMO, Skywest will pick up this flying. I have a feeling that Q400 statement that was pulled from the Skywest memo has some substance. Also, I highly doubt UAL will be giving any RAH subsidiary any more flying.

IMO, Skywest will pick up this flying. I have a feeling that Q400 statement that was pulled from the Skywest memo has some substance. Also, I highly doubt UAL will be giving any RAH subsidiary any more flying.

You are wrong. This is a strategic move to bring in RAH ERJ190s for United. What they will do is they will start a code share in Denver with Lynx which is a subsidiary of RAH, then when the certificates are combined they could start flying the EMB190 for UA. Sucks for Mesa.

This is a strategic move to bring in RAH ERJ190s for United. What they will do is they will start a code share in Denver with Lynx which is a subsidiary of RAH, then when the certificates are combined they could start flying the EMB190 for UA. Sucks for Mesa.

That doesn't just suck for Mesa but for all of us as pilots. Lowering the bar once again.

This certainly seems like foreshadowing for the remainder of United's contracts with Mesa that have early clauses in the near future. Look out for the RJ's to be pulled from United in the near future.

Latest resources

Back