• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Here's a funny gouge recently posted on aviationinterviews.com:

"What a great company. Dont listen to those disgruntled UAL AA Ect Pilots complain about the industry. Mesa Pilots have the attitude humor and respect of others all airlines should. Thank you so much to all the Mesa Pilots conducting interviews. Interview is simple if you study. Interview is in Crown Plaza hotel so I suggest you stay there and pay the extra 20 bucks for an executive suite. You get free breakfast and Drinks in the evening. STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY......ATP wirtten is a must. They Have 3-4 different versions so no you wont be able to look at the persons next to you! HEHE. Use gleim cd and study all chapters dont just study the easy ones on weather airspace ect. Lots of questions regarding supplemental and flag carriers. Refer to Figure questions, I even got a question on an RNAV approach plate!! Who the F:c! flies RNAV approaches!! Turbine pilots listen up. Know your aircraft systems well. Most of the interview is based on systems and Jeppesen approach charts. Very little HR. First step is take the written, then personal interview, then interview with Cheif Pilot to get his final approval, and finally a P test. If you take the P test, your hired. They gave us all class date options and told us right there were hired. 16 of 19 hired 2 failed atp, 1-2 failed interview. They need pilots now, and most are going to Jets. These pilots are truly the most respectful and enthusiastic in the industry despite their consant ridicule and bashing from the other operators. The interviewing pilots and HR people just hammer on UAL AA and even some of the regionals about how silly and unethical their intimidating and nerve racking interviews are......."

This guy is either really stupid or just way too excited, or both. An no mention of that $50 fee they make you pay to interview.

Suffice it to say he won't be paying the extra $20 for another executive suite anytime soon.

thats funny my mesa interview was 10min and done. hired. one guy was asked, "what three questions should we ask you?".

from his can-do attitude i hope he goes to class in ICT. hank-o-saurus will beat that attitude out of him.

SiuDude said:
Here's a funny gouge recently posted on aviationinterviews.com:

" I even got a question on an RNAV approach plate!! Who the F:c! flies RNAV approaches!!

This guy as no idea! Maybe Mesa doesn't shoot an RNAV/GPS app.

alot of places make you pay some sort of application fee/interview fee even major airlines when they were hiring... as for the RNAV approaches, rumor has it that since the ERJ's are being transferring to the different certificate it will be used to it's full potential instead of being told that due to the CRJ not being able to do it the ERJ can't either..

stall022 said:
alot of places make you pay some sort of application fee/interview fee even major airlines when they were hiring... as for the RNAV approaches, rumor has it that since the ERJ's are being transferring to the different certificate it will be used to it's full potential instead of being told that due to the CRJ not being able to do it the ERJ can't either..

mesa ain't gonna pay money to upgrade the erj to do RNAV approaches. why would they? how many are done in MCO?

stall022 said:
alot of places make you pay some sort of application fee/interview fee even major airlines when they were hiring...
So you're actually comparing Mesa's interview to that of a major airline? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

SiuDude Mesa experience...

"This guy is either really stupid or just way too excited, or both. An no mention of that $50 fee they make you pay to interview."
SiuDude

Well, let’s see…as far as I can see he hurled no obscenities or disrespectful comments at you personally and simply tried to help fellow ‘prospective’ pilots who may be contemplating working for Mesa.

First, I’m curious: If you have such low opinion of Mesa and of this person in particular, what were you doing at the Mesa gouge? Reading information that might help you prepare for the interview, I presume?
Anyway, you just didn’t put much thought to the post and the whole process of ‘gouge’ before you decided to use your muscles inputting characters using the keyboard; unable to wait so you could put someone down. Can you accept that the person is simply trying to help someone?

And $50 fee…nothing is wrong with charging a fee. If you’re against it, don’t apply and you won’t have to pay. It’s interesting that everyone is ‘up in arms’ about Mesa fee, but never once have I heard any complaints about having to pay your own hotel charges when interviewing. Cape Air and many ‘fractional’ and ‘corporate’ departments pay for the hotel.

It’s interesting how we as a group simply decide among ourselves what is ‘OK’ and what is ‘Not’. Out side of aviation in each one of my professional (yep, I do have another non-aviation professional job) job interviews, I never had to pay for the hotel. Couple of companies even reimbursed for the car rental and fuel charges. But, it’s well known that the airlines work differently. I don’t know much about other majors airlines, but Honey, when you get to the point ready to apply to American Airlines, if your career takes you on that path, be ready to shell out $100 for initial application, and $5 for updates. Any comment on that? Go to 'https://www.airlineapps.com' and see for yourlsef how many companies are now requiring you to pay some sort of a fee. A fee is a fee is a fee.

Why would you call someone stupid if he/she is excited and willing to help? Why couldn’t you just accept the fact that it’s not wrong to charge a fee? It may not be what you believe in, but it’s certainly isn’t wrong. The information is posted on Mesa web page so it isn’t a surprise either. As late as summer of 2002, Great Lakes was asking $28 for an online application process.

If you can’t help, please try not to put someone down. I, on the other hand, appreciate his/her efforts to share his experience and willingness to help others.

Sincerely,

Bunny

P.S. And this to the person who posted experience on ‘aviationinterviews.com’. As applicants, we’d never be able to dictate to the airlines/employers what are ‘appropriate’ questions. For my first turbine job, I had to do a simulator check flying a full-procedure (including Hold) NDB approach. At that company, we didn’t even have ADF in the airplanes. Most companies ask questions about the airplanes you fly: Do those companies fly same airplanes? If you were asked a question about RNAV, that’s, I believe, checking your present/appropriate level of expertise and knowledge. Did you know all GPS approaches are actually labeled ‘RNAV (GPS)’? For instance, so many of present day airplanes don’t even have ADF and NDB approaches are not even required in the instrument check anymore, but that doesn’t preclude airlines from asking NDB approach plate questions. Hope this will help you. Fly Safe.

CitationLover said:
mesa ain't gonna pay money to upgrade the erj to do RNAV approaches. why would they? how many are done in MCO?

we do fly to outstations but it will just the option of being able to do RNAV approach as well as RNAV SID'S and STAR's, flaps 22 landings, possible CAT II approach plus a few other things that the airplane was build to do and to not limit it just because the CRJ can't do it.

Latest resources

Back