• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa informs passangers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Performance numbers aside, Delta should discontinue this brand based on customer service alone.

PA44Jockey,

By your logic, DAL shouldn't exist based on a flight I once had from GSO-ATL. No "welcome aboard" PA from flight deck. Pushed back, sat for 20 minutes. No PA. Taxied out, sat short of the runway for 45 minutes. No PA. Took off, held for 30 minutes, no PA. Landing wasn't a greaser. The humanity!

Good thing no one's ever had any kind of bad experience on one of your flights, huh?

I flew on a Freedom flight from JFK to PHL last week and it was my first experience with the Freedom product, besides listening to them try to copy a clearance on the radio. In the beginning I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt. The Captain and the FO did a nice job with the PA welcoming us aboard and preparing us for T/O. We took off on our 29 minute flight to PHL and didn't hear another word from them. Not after 29 minutes and not after 45 minutes. Nothing at all. We held for a while at 8K and still nothing. After leaving the hold it seemed that we were being given a tour of the entire state. During those vectors while in a gentle half bank right turn the crew yanked the airplane to the left. You would have thought there was a MIG on our tail. All of this was done with 9 degrees of flaps extended in pretty choppy air. For sure they teach you, or at least review basic aerodynamics during groundschool. To finish the ride we ended with a very nice sideloaded touchdown. Winds were steady at 12 knots. When I walked off of the plane that Captain looked embarrassed and a little freaked out. Performance numbers aside, Delta should discontinue this brand based on customer service alone.
I love your type. Sitting in the back, thinking you know everything that is going on. How do you know you were holding at 8k?
I bet since the crew didn't keep everyone informed, you did.

I love your type. Sitting in the back, thinking you know everything that is going on. How do you know you were holding at 8k?

I guess in fairness you would hold in PHL at 8000 feet over VCN. Other then that, the tour of NJ and PA is expected, as is the holding into PHL, I mean, its PHL, the only airport that probably holds more is LGA. Who cares, Mesa sucks, we all know that, he should lower his expectations and he will not be upset.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. When the Captain tells you before takeoff that you will be "cruising at a Whopping 8,000 feet." I kid you knot. A professional Whopping of 8,000 feet and you are doing a 180 degree left turn with 9 degrees of flaps every 2 minutes.

PA44Jockey,

By your logic, DAL shouldn't exist based on a flight I once had from GSO-ATL. No "welcome aboard" PA from flight deck. Pushed back, sat for 20 minutes. No PA. Taxied out, sat short of the runway for 45 minutes. No PA. Took off, held for 30 minutes, no PA. Landing wasn't a greaser. The humanity!

Good thing no one's ever had any kind of bad experience on one of your flights, huh?

Sorry, I am just use to hearing crews tell the pax at least a quick something when they hold. My problem isn't as much with the communications as it is with basic airmanship. Flying at low speeds, in a swept wing aircraft, in choppy weather you don't turn an aircraft at a roll rate of an extra300. Also, everyone has a bad landing hear and there in gusty conditions, or even in not gusty conditions there are firm landings. Expected. However, to sideload an ERJ with a crosswind 45 degrees off the nose at 12 knots is definitely a problem. At this level of flying I wouldn't expect a severe sideload unless winds were far off the nose and gusting near 30kts. Then when your crew looks scared afterward. Come on..

Maybe they hit someones wake-turbulence? That could account for the roll-rate.

As for the sideloaded landing, well, I'm sure you've never, EVER had a bad landing.

I never post here...just a lot of listening from the sidelines for the past few years.

I have to say that this is one of the most worthless threads I have ever seen. Get a life. Please.

Maybe they hit someones wake-turbulence? That could account for the roll-rate.

As for the sideloaded landing, well, I'm sure you've never, EVER had a bad landing.

Ok guys. It was not wake turbulence. I've been through wake turbulence before. The aircraft simply sent from a 15 degree or so banked turn to the right into a sharp 30 to 40 degree(approx) turn to the left very abruptly and then remained in the left hand turn. As if the pilots flew through the localizer, or missed a turn when they were told to exit the hold.

Like I said before, we all have bad landings. However I don't think I am alone on this one, but I have never badly sideloaded an aircraft in essentially light winds.

I have never seen a flight crew show their passengers that they were scared.

Now that I have formed my own opinion here, I will get off my soap box.

Last edited:
Jeez, how many of these sophmoric "Guess what I saw the crew on (insert regional airline name here) do while I was sitting in the back" threads are we going to have? Don't you guys have any new material?

While on a mesa flight to Charlotte, a flight attendent with a heavy accent informed us that "Regulations require that we inform you that the flight deck is at the front of the aircraft." The entire plane cracked up, and the rest of her message was lost. Only on Mesa.

Wacoflyr
I want to say that those who do not make this announcement have a placard on the door that states "FLIGHT DECK DOOR - AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY"...which allows for not having to make the announcement. I've never seen an actual reg requiring this...but it may be required for Mesa's FOM for CYA reasons.

Also, Mesa sucks.

Latest resources

Back