Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wacoflyr

Charter member of MAPA
While on a mesa flight to Charlotte, a flight attendent with a heavy accent informed us that "Regulations require that we inform you that the flight deck is at the front of the aircraft." The entire plane cracked up, and the rest of her message was lost. Only on Mesa.

Wacoflyr

Last edited:
Only on Mesa.

Not really. Several airlines have that as part of the safety briefing. I do wonder, however, if "regulations require" it, why all airlines don't include it in the brief.

I've noticed that the republic automated announcer says it too, something like 'regulations require us to give the location of the flight deck door'

Not really. Several airlines have that as part of the safety briefing. I do wonder, however, if "regulations require" it, why all airlines don't include it in the brief.

I guess if it is written into the ops specs it could be argued that it is a regulation for that airline.

mesa flight attendent with a heavy accent informed

Wacoflyr

Aren't they all in CLT. My favorite one was a Chinese FA, I don't think anyone understood what she was saying. Most RJs have automated briefs though, mesa I guess is too cheap.

I flew on a Freedom flight from JFK to PHL last week and it was my first experience with the Freedom product, besides listening to them try to copy a clearance on the radio. In the beginning I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt. The Captain and the FO did a nice job with the PA welcoming us aboard and preparing us for T/O. We took off on our 29 minute flight to PHL and didn't hear another word from them. Not after 29 minutes and not after 45 minutes. Nothing at all. We held for a while at 8K and still nothing. After leaving the hold it seemed that we were being given a tour of the entire state. During those vectors while in a gentle half bank right turn the crew yanked the airplane to the left. You would have thought there was a MIG on our tail. All of this was done with 9 degrees of flaps extended in pretty choppy air. For sure they teach you, or at least review basic aerodynamics during groundschool. To finish the ride we ended with a very nice sideloaded touchdown. Winds were steady at 12 knots. When I walked off of the plane that Captain looked embarrassed and a little freaked out. Performance numbers aside, Delta should discontinue this brand based on customer service alone.

I've noticed that the republic automated announcer says it too, something like 'regulations require us to give the location of the flight deck door'
that door is located in the front center of the aircraft. no unauthorized entry is allowed

Passangers?......... Passengers....... hmmm
OMG!!!!!!!!
:smash:

Latest resources

Back