Mesa hiring times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

Just saw a gouge on Mesa for a guy with 265 hours and assigned a CRJ slot. Is MEsa having a hard time getting people to send resumes? Just finding surprising at this time that they're hiring at that low a time. More power to the guy but surprising.

There was a guy in my CRJ hire class 2 years ago that had 205 hrs! Its that magical pilot development program. I don't know how the insurance signs off on that crap

Do the captains have to keep their CFI current?

oldskoolbronco2 said:
There was a guy in my CRJ hire class 2 years ago that had 205 hrs! Its that magical pilot development program. I don't know how the insurance signs off on that crap

When was the last time a Mesa low-timer (less than 1500TT) bent an airplane? It seems to me that whenever something happens here, it's usually the fault of a captain who has several thousand hours...correct me if I'm wrong.

hmmm...so by that logic, no one at any regional should be captain if the only PIC experience they have is as a CFI in a GA airplane??

MAPD graduate? Or somebody jerking the collective world's chain?

TiredOfTeaching said:
Just saw a gouge on Mesa for a guy with 265 hours and assigned a CRJ slot. Is MEsa having a hard time getting people to send resumes? Just finding surprising at this time that they're hiring at that low a time. More power to the guy but surprising.

In my class we had a MAPD ab-initio graduate who only had a temporary multi commercial certificate!

Buck

Don't know, saw it on Aviation Interviews. Maybe on my gouge i should say I have 75 hours and was assigned to a 717 heavy.

The real question is, why would anyone want to work at Mesa, let alone, why would someone want to spend $75,000 to ONLY be able to work at Mesa? Don't get me wrong, Mesa has done me no harm...I make 2nd year pay now, which in all actuality is even more insulting than 1st year...

But for the love of dog, WHY?!

Latest resources

Back