• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa hiring times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know quite a few guys who did the full program at San Juan and most spent around $40-45K total on their flying and associates degree. I'm certainly not saying that is cheap, and I will be the first to admit Mesa leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't think that $40-45K is not that much more than what other places are charging--especially when considering all of the training is done in Bonanzas and Barons. Since it gets them an interview with a 121 carrier a couple of years sooner than alternate routes, I can see why they would spend the money if they have it. It's not any more expensive than ERAU, Delta Connection Academy, or Flight Safety. The $60-75K figures that some people hear about must include several years of living expenses and such because I haven't heard anyone say they paid anywhere close to that much for just the flight training.

(Just so everyone knows, I do work at Mesa, but I went through flight training while I was in college at the Univ. of Oklahoma...I'm just trying to make sure people don't actually think that the Mesa Pilot Development program costs $75,000)

Yes, I do find it quite surprising that Mesa,the industry's premier regional airline, is having a hard time finding qualified pilots. :rolleyes:

If you are even thinking of applying to MESA then you need to get your head checked. Have some self respect man, I would rather clean porta potties then work for JO. Seriously, dont even think about it.

Remember when you had your commercial license and you just couldn't wait for your CFI ticket when you could actually get paid to fly?

Then after about 3 or 4 months the thrill wore off and you realized you were working your a$$ off for $10 an hour? When you realized that you didn't have health insurance or a lunchbreak or a pay raise coming up? When it dawned on you that you were gettting screwed? Well, that's Mesa, buddy. That's Mesa.

It's the little things that make a good job a good job. And the little things you won't know about until after you sign that dotted line. Soon enough they'll eat at you just as badly as your lousy flight instruction gig.

Hate to bust everyone’s bubble, but Mesa does not have hard time recruiting new pilots. MAPD pilots always get priority on hiring, over street pilots. Just telling you how it is so don’t shoot the messenger.

I might have actually gone to the interview I was invited to (purely for the interview experience of course) until I found out I had to pay $50 for the privillege, WTF?

bitememesa said:
The real question is, why would anyone want to work at Mesa, let alone, why would someone want to spend $75,000 to ONLY be able to work at Mesa? Don't get me wrong, Mesa has done me no harm...I make 2nd year pay now, which in all actuality is even more insulting than 1st year...

But for the love of dog, WHY?!

Because they are aviation whores.

TDK90 said:
I might have actually gone to the interview I was invited to (purely for the interview experience of course) until I found out I had to pay $50 for the privillege, WTF?

I read that on their website. Do they actually collect it? Would the interview be terminated if I paid with ziplocs full of pennies?

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
I read that on their website. Do they actually collect it? Would the interview be terminated if I paid with ziplocs full of pennies?

Yeah, they collect it alright...I guess it goes towards JO's retirement or something....as far as I can tell it's the only place that makes you pay to be interviewed.

Latest resources

Back