• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa flys 900's for Delta, yeehaaaaawwww

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Clowns". Interesting choice of words. "Quality of individuals". You must think that somehow flying an old & slow turbo prop in the military makes your experience more valuable than mine. I mean I guess your right, I was just shooting the River Visual three times a week and flying 3-5 legs a day in a JET into all the major east coast hub cities. But what do I know.
What do you want a cookie for flying a visual approach? There are hundreds of pilots who do the same thing EVERY day like yourself. Don't be so quick to glorify yourself because you fly in and out of the northeast, it ain't that big of a deal!

"Clowns". Interesting choice of words. "Quality of individuals". You must think that somehow flying an old & slow turbo prop in the military makes your experience more valuable than mine. I mean I guess your right, I was just shooting the River Visual three times a week and flying 3-5 legs a day in a JET into all the major east coast hub cities. But what do I know.
What do you want a cookie for flying a visual approach? There are hundreds of pilots who do the same thing EVERY day like yourself. Don't be so quick to glorify yourself because you fly in and out of the northeast, it ain't that big of a deal!

I'm sorry you evidently missed the point of my post. My point more planely.

A. Regional guys are not clowns with a quality problem.
B. Flying a slow old airplane does not make you better than an entire pilot group.

So if you agree with his contention that regional guys are clowns than I guess that would make you an "Uncle Tom" of sorts. Now please don't make me come back and explain that one too.

By the way, flying in and out of major NE hubs certainly is a big deal! And if you don't think so then maybe you need to take your job a little more seriously.

"Experience our customers receive." I agree the customer service is often not acceptable at express. However, you should take a closer look at what your customers experience while flying on your express side. And who is responsible for what part of the operation before assigning blame. For instance, walking out one door that leads to anyone of five airplanes with maybe one person directing them. No protection from the weather. Pylon cones connected with twine. This is YOUR ground and gate personnel. YOUR operations who decide this setup. All we do is fly the planes. But why let facts get in the way of a strongly held opinion.

"Clowns" was a reference to Johnny O and the boys at Mesa HQ who really only care about driving the aviation business down to the lowest common denominator. Not a reference to the men and women who fly and do a great job. On the other hand, we sell the tickets and the customer expects to fly on DL. Right now we are selling tickets on carriers where we have no idea really who is flying or maintaining the aircraft.

In the end, the customer experience and the rest is our problem, not yours, and we need to fix it. The answer to me is a company that owns their own regionals. All pilots would be on one list with the entry level position a 50 seat FO and a career finished as a widebody captain. The company would control all hiring and could offer the customer a relatively uniform experience throughout his trip.

DL had a great opportunity when it owned both ASA and Comair to put them together, add them to DL, and eliminate layers of redundant management, facilities etc. Unfortunately, cost and the ability to play one group off another seems to be their only concern. This industry severely lacks real leaders with any kind of vision except seeing your paycheck and mine get smaller.

What is the logic in that? I thought MEH was the only outfit that bought large planes and too seats out. But in theory, they cater to business travelers. Since when did Mesa start caring about seat pitch?

Why wouldn't they operate 70 seaters?

And look at MEH now, burning furniture to keep warm! They better hope that Air Tran rescues them from themselves!

I mean I guess your right, I was just shooting the River Visual three times a week and flying 3-5 legs a day in a JET into all the major east coast hub cities. But what do I know.

Sure its a big deal, but when was the last time someone was trying to shoot you on final? Or even at FL 180? NEVER? Making a generalization that all RJ guys are clowns in wrong, but....you coming back and denegrating mil flying is just as bad if not worse. I dont understand why some many non-mil folks use the old "ILS TO MINS" or "FLYING INTO HUBS" argument. Last time I flew in OIF I flew down to mins regularly, after being engaged with AAA and small arms every night.....so dont discredit mil flying because they weren't pulling up to C26 at BOS, k?

Now back to the topic. have we heard if these are indeed 76 seats with 2 classes? Or are they going to try and screw us on scope again?

Last edited:
And look at MEH now, burning furniture to keep warm! They better hope that Air Tran rescues them from themselves!

But what's the scoop for Mesa putting 90 seats on the line to fly 70 or so folks? Are they anticipating the scope will be eased up and they'll get all that flying?

Sure its a big deal, but when was the last time someone was trying to shoot you on final? Or even at FL 180? NEVER? Making a generalization that all RJ guys are clowns in wrong, but....you coming back and denegrating mil flying is just as bad if not worse. I dont understand why some many non-mil folks use the old "ILS TO MINS" or "FLYING INTO HUBS" argument. Last time I flew in OIF I flew down to mins regularly, after being engaged with AAA and small arms every night.....so dont discredit mil flying because they weren't pulling up to C26 at BOS, k?

Now back to the topic. have we heard if these are indeed 76 seats with 2 classes? Or are they going to try and screw us on scope again?

I'm not denigrating your experience so much as I'm defending mine. I don't get involved in any sort of debate about MIL vs CIV, with this one exception. I was responding to a post that inferred that my pilot group were clowns. I called into question this assertion, based on the individuals profile, why he felt it gave him the right to post such a thing. If this offends you that is regrettable. I have a lot of respect for MIL pilots and the MIL in general. It should be a two way street.

You're having too much fun jabbing at all the other companies while yours is still in bankruptcy. Give the Midwest folks some credit for their resilience and pride. More than what you guys have. Look at what Mother Delta has done to Comair-- total decimation and yet, they own them like their own kids. What a nice way to treat your family!!!

ultrarunner said:
But what's the scoop for Mesa putting 90 seats on the line to fly 70 or so folks? Are they anticipating the scope will be eased up and they'll get all that flying?
No. And if we cave in on any more scope......Well you know! (sigh)

You're having too much fun jabbing at all the other companies while yours is still in bankruptcy. Give the Midwest folks some credit for their resilience and pride. More than what you guys have. Look at what Mother Delta has done to Comair-- total decimation and yet, they own them like their own kids. What a nice way to treat your family!!!
I'm only taking cheap shots where they're deserved. There is a midwest puke on here....chuck/lawman/einstein/boris yelling/lame lizard, and now the ever popular troll.....(drum roll please) 400AHOLE!
Its aimed at him and his POS airline! He is a DL/Air Tran hater, and I can't help but be giddy at the fact his airline is about to be dismantled by the very group of pilots he chastized over the years!:beer: :laugh:

The LCC guys and I are just goofing around poking fun at each other. Its all in good fun!

No. And if we cave in on any more scope......Well you know! (sigh)

I'm only taking cheap shots where they're deserved. There is a midwest puke on here....chuck/lawman/einstein/boris yelling/lame lizard, and now the ever popular troll.....(drum roll please) 400AHOLE!
Its aimed at him and his POS airline! He is a DL/Air Tran hater, and I can't help but be giddy at the fact his airline is about to be dismantled by the very group of pilots he chastized over the years!:beer: :laugh:
Nope.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back