• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa flys 900's for Delta, yeehaaaaawwww

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stick to serving coffee snot nose! You have all the answers! The 88's are here through 2012, einstein. IF, the 190's come, they will be flown by mainline, much to your dissapointment!

Pylt! Come on man, the CRJ 900 is basically a MD-88 with Winglets!! But the ones at Mesa have a FO in the right seat making about 19k a year!

just put your head back in the sand

Still ya gotta see management continues to put pressure on your scope. You know that your next pay raise/contract will be contingent on some scope relief. First it was a few 70 seaters now its "a few" 76 seaters. The entire northest is filled with regional aircraft replacing 737 and MD-80s aircraft. Its amazing that some many have there head in the sand on this one.

Still ya gotta see management continues to put pressure on your scope. You know that your next pay raise/contract will be contingent on some scope relief. First it was a few 70 seaters now its "a few" 76 seaters. The entire northest is filled with regional aircraft replacing 737 and MD-80s aircraft. Its amazing that some many have there head in the sand on this one.

Cannot agree more. Scope is the main reason I have voted no on all our TAs. Unfortunately, I am in the minority.

Guarnteed that you greedy A$$ Delta boys will sell 90 seats for more money when the time comes. Oh you will justify it by saying that, hey we no longer have a pension so we need all the money we can get now. Everyone else in the industry knows that it is only a matter of time untill you sell out, after all you have led the sell out parade so far!

Cannot agree more. Scope is the main reason I have voted no on all our TAs. Unfortunately, I am in the minority.

I'm with you 100%. Scope was, is, and always will be a huge issue for us. I'm pissed that my company is entering into any agreement with these clowns. Although Freedom are the same clowns by a different name. We need to work to get as much flying back on our property as possible where we control the quality of individuals flying and the experience our customers receive. We've already let far too much get away.

I'm with you 100%. Scope was, is, and always will be a huge issue for us. I'm pissed that my company is entering into any agreement with these clowns. Although Freedom are the same clowns by a different name. We need to work to get as much flying back on our property as possible where we control the quality of individuals flying and the experience our customers receive. We've already let far too much get away.

Nothing has changed from your last agreement. Delta and ALPA agreed about a certain number of 76 seaters, and they are following through with that. They are bigger planes than the 70 seaters, but they have one thing that the others do not, and that is premium seats for premium customers. Yes, it does suk that Delta has farmed out a lot of the flying to DCI, and that will not change until you guys get planes that can make money on those specific routes. IF you can´t make money with an MD88, your current smallest aircraft, on a route, then an RJ will have to do until you guys get something smaller, like a 737-700 or even an E190. If the route has to have an RJ, why not have one with First Class? Delta needs premium passengers that want bigger seats etc, and some cities cannot support an MD88 but still have plenty of passengers who don´t care about price but want bigger seats and more room. Until you guys can negotiate for smaller planes, this is the way it will have to be to some of the smaller cities you serve. And I do not buy the fact that your senior pilots will vote away 90 or 100 seat planes. Most of those guys that would already left. Everyone that is left has been affected by scope in the past 10 years. Anyone who says otherwise is full of it.

Guarnteed that you greedy A$$ Delta boys will sell 90 seats for more money when the time comes. Oh you will justify it by saying that, hey we no longer have a pension so we need all the money we can get now. Everyone else in the industry knows that it is only a matter of time untill you sell out, after all you have led the sell out parade so far!

Hey Jackhole,

When did "everyone else in the industry" elect you as their mouthpiece??

I think Delta placed an order for 30-something 900s, so there are still about 16 that have nobody flying them yet, maybe SkyWest?
Comair's new scope, endorsed by Delta Air Lines Inc., stipulates 60% of new DCI awards go to them. Unless this award falls ahead of the scope agreement, my guess is that Delta will operate the 16 at their Comair subsidiary.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back