• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa eyeing 737-300s ?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA +15%???? You're kidding aren't you. Why settle there when you could ask for DAL +15%.

Considering what your pilot group has settled for in the past I would think you might get Eithiopian Air +15%. But that's a big maybe. Atleast you guys will be getting some valuable pic narrowbody turbine time which will help you get nowhere because there will be nowhere left to go. This could be the final nail in the airline pilot career coffin.

I hope to god that Duanne grows a pair and puts his foot down on this one. Who would have ever thought anybody would be undercutting Jet Blue by 20%?

JO can always rehire those first Freedom Air pilots? I am sure they will do it. They would just have to wait until Mesa is in contract negotion talks. That way they have a better chance of getting a job.

ADG

scouts out! said:
Besides they can barely land a freaking RJ, what makes you think they will be able to land a 737?
This might be the dumbest thing that I have read on this dumb board in a long time.

First, only pilots with good contracts can land an airplane?:confused: Come on man, you gotta do better then that.

Second, I fly daily with guys that have 737 types and almost to a man they say the 737 is much easer to fly and land then the CRJ200. -Bean

nothing less that SWA +15%.

SWA -15% would be nice. I'm sure that a more realistic pay scale would be something comparable to Frontier or Air Tran.

Juan

Beantown,
That's interesting. You fly daily with people who have actually landed a 737 enough times to know how it handles? I find that hard to believe. Are guys jumping ship from SWA, FRT, and AWA for all the advancement opportunities at mesa? Or maybe these guys have only flown a 737 simulator. In that case your statement doesn't hold much water. I think it is safe to say that simulators are nearly always easier to land and more forgiving than the real thing. As for mesa pilots barely being able to land an RJ, I agree that is a stretch. However, knowing how to talk on the radio, that's a different story...

Excellent Post!

I find that the CRJ is much easier to land than the 737 (-2,-3,-5,-7). I have appx 9k hours in the 73 and 2.5 hours in row 4 of the CRJ.

Juan.

grog_sit_reserv said:
But even worse, I'll bet if we won't play JO will find some outta work aviators with plenty of 737 time who will undercut even our F'd pay scale.

I thought scope and precluding JO from ever pulling a stunt like Freedom was why you literally sold out the rest of the regional pilot groups with your contract.

I wonder how many San Juaners with 300 hrs are willing to fly a 737 for $20/hr with 6th year FO making $30/hr.

Last edited:
B1900DFO said:
Beantown,
That's interesting. You fly daily with people who have actually landed a 737 enough times to know how it handles? I find that hard to believe. Are guys jumping ship from SWA, FRT, and AWA for all the advancement opportunities at mesa? Or maybe these guys have only flown a 737 simulator. In that case your statement doesn't hold much water. I think it is safe to say that simulators are nearly always easier to land and more forgiving than the real thing. As for mesa pilots barely being able to land an RJ, I agree that is a stretch. However, knowing how to talk on the radio, that's a different story...
19000DFO, The more you type the dumber you look. I am based in PHL on the CRJ. 1/2 the CA's I fly with are J4J from U. Almost all have 737 types and every one that I have flown with (13 guys) have some time in the 73. ALL OF THEM SAID THE 737 IS EASER TO FLY AND TO LAND! I don't care if you and your 1500 hrs and 1900 time believe me or not, it's true. I guess fools like you actually think that the bigger the plane the harder it is to fly. -Cape

BEANTOWN

Its funny, but for some reason everytime I have flown on a COEX or eagle RJ I have had a real nice flight, but when I am forced to fly on a mesa RJ I often wonder where the F*@& do they get these guys, really how hard is it to have a nice landing at least once a month. Look at the ROA incident, a mesa crew landed so hard they bent the airplane and left a 3' X 10' scrap on the bottom of the airplane from there landing. Then to top it off they let the plane fly out the next morning with unreported damage on it. You guys are a bunch of inexperienced blind idiots flying around in a RJ thinking your doing this industry a favor, and you all want to help it more by flying 737's. Stop sucking JO's D^$k and grab your balls and stand up for something in your life and prove the rest of the industrywrong and show them your not all a bunch of pansies.

Latest resources

Back