Mesa #1 Airline for Third Consecutive Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please check your facts

No... NO.. NOOO.. How did Mesa do when they where in JFK????? How did they do when they had more airframes? Delta and anyone smart was getting rid of them.

As a matter of fact, Mesa was also the number one performer in the Delta system for the last six months prior to the contract being terminated. Delta terminated the contract for Total completion factor, after cancelling Mesa flights in JFK to use the slots for themselves. Mesa went to court to get a TRO to prevent the termination and they stopped cancelling flights to give slots to Delta. it should be clear to every pilot here, what Delta's real intentions are. This is in now way a relection on Mesa.

My congratulations to the fine folks at Mesa Airlines! Great Job, fellas. We, at all the other inferior airlines bow to you! Keep up the great work. JO appreciates it, I'm certain!

Sky West

Line guarantee, while it sounds sexy, is the absolute worst form of cancelation pay out there. Only those who don't get ANY cancelation pay are worse off. In order of most lucrative to least lucrative, here are the common forms of cancelation pay:

- Leg guarantee <===PCL and many others
- Day/duty period guarantee
- Trip guarantee
- Line guarantee <===MESA

As usual, Mesa brings up the rear of the industry.

If Shareprice is a good indicator, should we be looking for another chapter 11 filing from Sky West?

http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/nasdaq/skywest-inc/skyw

May 17, 2012 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Mesa Airlines Continues Its 3rd Consecutive Year as #1 On-time Regional Airline
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mesa Air Group, Inc., the #1 On-time Regional Airline in 2010 and 2011, announces its #1 rank among US regional airlines for on-time arrivals in March 2012, as reported by US Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics in the Air Travel Consumer Report,the industry recognized measure of performance. Mesa’s operational performance has ranked it as the number one On-time Regional Airline every month since April 2010, and the latest award reinforces Mesa’s continued commitment to serve our Code Share Partners and passengers with safe, reliable on-time air transportation. In addition to continuing its status as the number one on-time regional airline, Mesa was ranked first among regional carriers with the fewest mishandled bags and was ranked first among all airlines for having the fewest complaints per 100,000 passengers carried.
The airline’s accomplishment is especially impressive given the airline’s footprint of service in 34 states nationwide, including significant service at four of the nation’s five busiest airports. Mesa Airlines operates as US Airways Express and United Express under contractual agreements with US Airways and United Airlines, respectively, and independently as go!, a Low Fare airline which is about to enter its 6th year of offering low fares to visitors and residents of Hawai'i as the second largest inter-island airline based on passengers carried.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Ornstein said: “We are proud to see the hard work of our people reflected in the high operational service levels reported by the DOT over the past three years. Not only have we been the number one regional airline each year, we have been the number one regional airline each month for 24 consecutive months – a terrific accomplishment by any standard. We look forward to continuing this focus on sound performance for the benefit of our partners and passengers and we thank both for their continued support.”
Mesa Airlines currently operates 385 daily system departures to 88 cities, 34 states, Mexico, Canada, and the District of Columbia. The airline, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 2,800 employees.
Contacts
Mesa Air Group, Inc.
Christopher Pappaioanou, 602-685-4052

As the old saying goes, "Mesa still Sucks!"

It gets so old that it always turns into a pi$$ing contest between regionals. And I'm NOT saying my responses aren't partly to blame. My point was merely that the initial posting was about performance. Immediately everyone tries to shoot holes in the performance statement, and when that doesn't work, it resorts to "how much do you get paid?" I'm not saying pay isnt a relevent argument... IT IS... and I'd love to get paid more. I'm NOT trying to say that Mesa pilots are among the highest paid... that is not likely the case, as I see it. However, perhaps other things have value too. My points were A) That pay wasnt the original topic and that when some of you failed to argue against Mesa's performance numbers, you had to change the topic to an argument you felt you couldn't lose, and B) What may be best or most important for you, may not be the top priority for me. Why do I work at Mesa? Simply because it currently fits my present life situation better than anywhere else, even once all other factors (pay) are considered. Seems like a good reason to be here. And for the record... I can only speak for myself... its been pretty good! Now, I'm all for seeing improvements here, but I'm not about to put myself and my family through an overall worse situation just to say I left Mesa. That's rediculous, whether you like it or not. And I'm NOT going to apologize for chosing whats best for my family.

If anyone here feels that Mesa is lowering the bar for pilots... that's fine, youre entitled to that opinion and it may have some vailidity. But you better also point one finger squarely at EACH of the regionals, and point one extra LONG finger squarely at the mainline carriers and their unions who failed to protect that flying. THAT is something that happened far long before I came into this picture.

As far as performance goes... USAirways DOES present metrics on performance. To suggest that they don't track that is laughable.

Thank you

It gets so old that it always turns into a pi$$ing contest between regionals. And I'm NOT saying my responses aren't partly to blame. My point was merely that the initial posting was about performance. Immediately everyone tries to shoot holes in the performance statement, and when that doesn't work, it resorts to "how much do you get paid?" I'm not saying pay isnt a relevent argument... IT IS... and I'd love to get paid more. I'm NOT trying to say that Mesa pilots are among the highest paid... that is not likely the case, as I see it. However, perhaps other things have value too. My points were A) That pay wasnt the original topic and that when some of you failed to argue against Mesa's performance numbers, you had to change the topic to an argument you felt you couldn't lose, and B) What may be best or most important for you, may not be the top priority for me. Why do I work at Mesa? Simply because it currently fits my present life situation better than anywhere else, even once all other factors (pay) are considered. Seems like a good reason to be here. And for the record... I can only speak for myself... its been pretty good! Now, I'm all for seeing improvements here, but I'm not about to put myself and my family through an overall worse situation just to say I left Mesa. That's rediculous, whether you like it or not. And I'm NOT going to apologize for chosing whats best for my family.

If anyone here feels that Mesa is lowering the bar for pilots... that's fine, youre entitled to that opinion and it may have some vailidity. But you better also point one finger squarely at EACH of the regionals, and point one extra LONG finger squarely at the mainline carriers and their unions who failed to protect that flying. THAT is something that happened far long before I came into this picture.

As far as performance goes... USAirways DOES present metrics on performance. To suggest that they don't track that is laughable.

Thanks and well said. I owe you a beer.

DA

RENE, no need to stand up for Mesa's poverty FO pay rates because they are a joke. QX's 2nd year FO rates flying the Q400 are $5/hr more than what I make and I have topped out the payscale. SAD man, nothing to gloat about here.

It gets so old that it always turns into a pi$$ing contest between regionals. And I'm NOT saying my responses aren't partly to blame. My point was merely that the initial posting was about performance.

No, the original post was about, "My @#$% is bigger than yours." Pilots tend not to respond favorably to such pomposity. Add to that the fact that many here are still bitter about your pilot group harming OUR compensation levels, and it's no wonder the whole "Mesa sucks!" thing won't die. You might just want to keep a lower profile.

RENE, no need to stand up for Mesa's poverty FO pay rates because they are a joke. QX's 2nd year FO rates flying the Q400 are $5/hr more than what I make and I have topped out the payscale. SAD man, nothing to gloat about here.

The only problem with your argument is this. There are no 2 year first officers at Mesa. Average captain seniority is 17 years, average FO is 7. The original point was simple. Mesa operations have improved over the past three years. Most pilots enjoy working here.

Latest resources

Back