Merger Buzz is heating up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My prediction:

Whatever combinations that will make the most money for the hedge funds who are currently investing in various carriers (and underwrote the barely failed U/DAL merger), WS firms that will represent the deals, and other institutional investors.

Whatever combination is cobbed together will be sold to the public, media, and congress as the most natural combination since tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Actual functioning airlines, employees, and air service will be a distant afterthought.

Dingdingdingding....we have a winner!

5. United and AirTran Airways.....If US Airways is too much because of antitrust issues, AirTran may fit.(Smaller AirTran today resembles US Airways in route structure in 2000 when United attempted to buy US Airways then (minus Philly and Pit)....United wants a southern hub and a East Coast presence. Orlando could be a perfect place to start routes to the carribean, central and south America. They bought these routes from Pan Am and closed them in Miami because of competition with American. Could find Orlando an alternative to Miami.

I'd say UAL has more an interest on ATL than they would on MCO. But, so be it...the clock is ticking, once Nov08 hits, the door for mergers may close for 4-8yrs.

Northwest-Delta.
United-US Airways.
American-British Airways.
Southwest-AirTran
Continental-Spirit

That's my predictions. And yes, I did stay at Holiday Inn last night.

Your hotel stay last night explains your predictions. All Holiday Inns are circa 1980's crap.

However, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night....BIG difference.:D

This just proves General Lee is an idiot. Learn how to spell.

Mabye he is just pissed that he was raised in LBB and can't go home anymore because Delta does not go there. Just move your trailer to ATL.

MAYBE if you actually are a spelling nazi that you at least spell check your own message ....... LOL

This just proves General Lee is an idiot. Learn how to spell.

Mabye he is just pissed that he was raised in LBB and can't go home anymore because Delta does not go there. Just move your trailer to ATL.

Woa, fanks a lut. Der spellin polease is hear. Whut im I doin now? Goin to Lubbuck on Southworst.

Buy Buy--General Lee

no time...starting indoc on Monday..

who said anything about me still being on active duty?

Have a nice line number....way below me.

Dude...the last thing you need is any sort of indoc. Looks like you haven't been "deprogrammed" from your AF days yet.

But, that being said, let's burry the hatchet. Good luck at indoc...and remember, it doesn't matter that you were an evaluator in the C-17 anymore. That, and any other sort of apple polishing, doesn't move you up any. That goes for being a Sq/CC or a insert whatever job title you want....once again...nobody cares.

no time...starting indoc on Monday..

who said anything about me still being on active duty?

Have a nice line number....way below me.

I think you'd be surprised at who will be below whom line number-wise. it's a pretty small world. thanks for adding me to your profile.

I think you'd be surprised at who will be below whom line number-wise. it's a pretty small world. thanks for adding me to your profile.

jke406, make sure your pubs are good if you ever fly with C-17 Driver. He might try to Q3 you. Ha Ha. But seriously...Make sure you tell him you are at least enrolled in ACSC. That'll buy you some time until he figures out that you didn't love America enough to finish your 20.

Gay?

These two remind me of George and Martha during the play "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf".

I have a question for everyone:

-Is it just me, or is instructordude losing it? Has any non-gay person ever heard of this play? In fact, do non-gay people ever make generic references to plays in the first place?

-That reference may have some significance to someone, but not to anyone here.

-Idiot, toolbag......

-No, wait---GAY Idiot, toolbag.

-Yep

Latest resources

Back