• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merger affect on AirTran.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would imagine Airtran would be lobbying the DOJ to required a Delta/NW or Delta/UA to be accompanied by the releasing of some slots in NY and DC area. It seems like anytime slots in LGA or DCA become available, Airtran is in the middle of the bidding (ie. like the former ATA slots we just picked up).

I can't imagine Delta giving up any gates in ATL (although the NW gates on D could come available for Airtran to pick up).

I doubt that. All of NWA's current slots at LGA and DCA only go to their (NWA's) hubs, and those hubs would not be going anywhere in a merger. If they had duplicate flights to the same cities from LGA and DCA, then maybe. If they don't go to the same cities, then they would keep those flights going to MSP, DTW, MEM, and IND.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta's Executives have repeated that they will merge only if it benefits Delta's growth. Delta has no plans to spend money to make anything shrink.

And Executives never lie.....Seriously are you that naive? Mergers or Buy hope to accomplish one thing; GROWING their revenue stream. They do this by shrinking flights and jacking up the price i.e. US airways. So the "GROWTH" your executives talk about is not Fleet size but Profit or revenue growth.

But the senior union members will agree to it because they are already captains and only care about the possibility of increased pay.

HUH????? If Delta merged or bought NWA, why would they give up anything? No overlap between the two, and maybe a possible downsizing of MEM or CVG, both of which have very little O&D traffic. If DAL and NWA combine, then CAL and UAL are rumored to merge too. And don't forget what Southwest said about not being left behind in a merger frenzy. They may gobble up Airtran or go for Alaska. Nobody knows until someone actually makes the first move.

Bye Bye--General Lee

God your such a tool GL. I'm just asking a question and it looks like you agree. "MEM or CVG downsizing" you can bet airtran which has record loads out of there and added destinations would ramp up operations there.

Thanks for the input...you freaking tool

God your such a tool GL. I'm just asking a question and it looks like you agree. "MEM or CVG downsizing" you can bet airtran which has record loads out of there and added destinations would ramp up operations there.

Thanks for the input...you freaking tool

You cannot accept that I am right. It kills you. There is NO WAY Delta and NWA would completely leave any of their hubs, knowing guys like Airtran and Southwest are out there looking for any opportunity. They may take away a few flights, and make them focus cities, but not leave the hubs, thanks to local political pressures too---most politicians want INTL flights to their cities---not just LCCs. Wake up, and actually add something of substance. Airtran has RECORD loads out of MEM? HUH???? Well, ok then? Can you back that up? Have they added any new service out of MEM of substance? Frontier has recently (LAS, MCO, CUN), but not Airtran. Come on dude, debate already and use facts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And Executives never lie.....Seriously are you that naive? Mergers or Buy hope to accomplish one thing; GROWING their revenue stream. They do this by shrinking flights and jacking up the price i.e. US airways. So the "GROWTH" your executives talk about is not Fleet size but Profit or revenue growth.

But the senior union members will agree to it because they are already captains and only care about the possibility of increased pay.

Has USAir actually shrunk since their merger? They have? Where? PIT? That was a dying hub even before they merged. Since then they have added more flights out of PHL (to Europe), PHX (to Hawaii), and they are getting new E190s to replace a lot of their older 733s. They are adding A340s to go to China next year, and they just got 2 flights (4 slots) to LHR. They did not furlough any pilots as a result of their merger, and have called back many.

There will not be a merger allowed (by politicians) if there could be large layoffs or hub closures. That was shown with the USAir/Delta debacle. That was supported by Wall St and hedge funds, but turned down by the Gov't, even before it got to the DOJ. Any mergers will have to be seemless.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There will not be a merger allowed (by politicians) if there could be large layoffs or hub closures. That was shown with the USAir/Delta debacle. That was supported by Wall St and hedge funds, but turned down by the Gov't, even before it got to the DOJ. Any mergers will have to be seemless.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hope that also holds true for those of us with class dates at DAL and NWA!

You cannot accept that I am right. It kills you. There is NO WAY Delta and NWA would completely leave any of their hubs, knowing guys like Airtran and Southwest are out there looking for any opportunity. They may take away a few flights, and make them focus cities, but not leave the hubs, thanks to local political pressures too---most politicians want INTL flights to their cities---not just LCCs. Wake up, and actually add something of substance. Airtran has RECORD loads out of MEM? HUH???? Well, ok then? Can you back that up? Have they added any new service out of MEM of substance? Frontier has recently (LAS, MCO, CUN), but not Airtran. Come on dude, debate already and use facts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm at a total loss. Let me try to respond to your nonsense. Ok I agree with you Delta will drop flights out of Mem and CVG and Airtran and others will pick up the scraps. I have never said your going to vacate Your ATL or DTW hubs.

what are you arguing about here again????

If your married may god help that thing you call a wife - she must of been a piece of work to have to settle for you. Your freaking hilarious one of DELTA's finest. I have lots of friends over there so I know your not the norm....thank goodness.

Has USAir actually shrunk since their merger? They have? Where? PIT? That was a dying hub even before they merged. Since then they have added more flights out of PHL (to Europe), PHX (to Hawaii), and they are getting new E190s to replace a lot of their older 733s. They are adding A340s to go to China next year, and they just got 2 flights (4 slots) to LHR. They did not furlough any pilots as a result of their merger, and have called back many.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok once again what are you disagreeing with???? I have no arguments with what you said...I differ on one item ----"seemless" is in the eye of the beholder. For instance a new hire who is stuck on reserve for the next 7 years might not agree it was "seemless"

I also Disagree I think it is spelled Seamless

Bye Bye TOOL

You misunderstand.....

Ok once again what are you disagreeing with???? I have no arguments with what you said...I differ on one item ----"seemless" is in the eye of the beholder. For instance a new hire who is stuck on reserve for the next 7 years might not agree it was "seemless"

I also Disagree I think it is spelled Seamless

Bye Bye TOOL

I think you may be laboring under the false assumption that you are dealing with a rational person here.

General Lee is about as far from rational as one can get. He hijacks thread after thread to toot HIS (not Delta's) horn. He is not interested in the industry, he is not interested in the airline he or anyone else flies for. The General is a sad, pathetic little person who comes here many times each day to attempt to make himself feel better about his sad little life by attempting to belittle everyone else. And woe to any female (or male for that matter) who would be foolish enough to enter into a relationship with this noob.

You are right, there are many good people at DAL. I know several personally. I agree that the general is certainly the exception in my experience and represents himself and DAL very poorly. It is clear that the General has some problems which should be addressed by a competent professional.

Also, you are correct, the General cannot spell. He can fly around in his big plane and crow to the moon all night, but he still cannot spell words like "seamless."

-You are a complete toolkit, General!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back