• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mens Vogue. you call, we haul!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the way Buckeye described the regionals, "Like high school with shiny jets"

There may be a Four Floors or something similar in BKK, but the original is definitely Singapore. Orchard Blvd, a few blocks away from the American Embassy and the Tanglin Mall. I hear the page 40 feminine hygiene products can be used to stop Skydrol leaks and persistent nosebleeds. See - it really IS a men's rag!

Dang you guys are brutal. Gonna break from the pack here and say this....

First, it's refreshing to see that even in these tough times in aviation, someone still is proud of what they do and thinks it's cool and fun. Though many are jaded after the years of BS, it's the main reason most of us got into this goat rope to begin with. You know it and so do I.

Second, have no idea why "Vogue" ended up being the magazine to print the story but, if he's freelancing his work, he may have sent it to several pubs and they're the one that picked it up.

Third, given that a "men's Vogue" would understandably struggle to convince anyone with much testosterone to dare pick one up, my guess is maybe they thought a "grittier" side of a "pretty boy" field like aviation might give em some sort of street cred.

That being said, my friend, if you've spent much time on this board, you'd soon realize that if you had written an article on how to cure baldness and cancer and it was published in the New England journal of medicine, as soon as it got in the hands of some of these cynics, you'd get hammerred by somebody for something you left out, or how if you like medicine so much why don't you leave aviation, asking you whether or not you PFT'd or why you're not ex-military?

I just just read the blurb on the link. Is it a little "braggy"? Sure, but most folks on the outside don't want to read about how you don't have a pension anymore, are tired of ancient flight attendants, and what your position is on age 60 or airline seniority list merger legislation is.

Congrats on getting it printed dude. Keep on writing. Maybe one day you'll make more money doing that, and you can REALLY do this job for fun!

Cheers.

Why bother, they wouldn't understand.

Funny, on another board it was the cargo section that needed the most moderating for a while. Too many personal attacks and profanity slung around. They sounded like bigger children than anybody else.

Granted, those mods suffer form a severe case of anal retentiveness.

Although I have never been to the establishment myself, I have spent several years flying in and out of Singapore and the Four Floors is definitely there on Orchard Road....:beer:

I just read the article at the bookstore. Not too bad, although I will admit I felt a little gay standing there reading Men's Vogue. I slid it into a travel magazine so other guys wouldn't hit on me. Oh and there's a great article on tampons on page 40.

HAHaha, now that's funny.

I just read the article at the bookstore. Not too bad, although I will admit I felt a little gay standing there reading Men's Vogue. I slid it into a travel magazine so other guys wouldn't hit on me. Oh and there's a great article on tampons on page 40.

I don't think so. Page 40 of my issue has advertising and although "Tumi" may be a brand of Tampon, I'm not so sure, perhaps you are more expert on tampons than I am, in that case; go with the feeling

tj

i think it's funny so many people saying the mag is gay, etc. if you actually read it you would know its just like GQ or Esquire. Now i know that isn't exactly monster truck racing or nascar but it isn't like drinking a cosmo. Now if you are so scared that reading a mens mag might turn you gay, i've got news for you. You already are gay just not out of the closet yet.

i think it's funny so many people saying the mag is gay, etc. if you actually read it you would know its just like GQ or Esquire. Now i know that isn't exactly monster truck racing or nascar but it isn't like drinking a cosmo. Now if you are so scared that reading a mens mag might turn you gay, i've got news for you. You already are gay just not out of the closet yet.

Try hard here not to throw out some lines from The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Latest resources

Back