• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Melted Engines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may very well be. I'll wait for the report rather than condemn based on rumors.

I agree with that process but I'm getting my info from a source that doesn't involve pilots so I am weighting it accordingly. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why isn this in the media? it sounds like the pax were in for a ride...

why isn this in the media? it sounds like the pax were in for a ride...

I would love to know why there has been no report posted on the NTSB site let alone stuff in the media. Apparently the lid has been kept on pretty tight, even from PSA employees who don't seem to know much either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60 Year old Captain that was always slow, behind the airplane. I think they are running these planes full, tankering fuel and flying Eco speeds. Don't let management fly your airplane, and Fo's if you are going to let your captain sleep stay on top of the airplane.
Thank God 53 people didn't die!

There have been a number of cruise shakers lately. Long legs, long days, short nights, no auto-throttles? I heard they stalled at F340, they fought the pusher three times and on the third they flamed out. Trying a relight without sufficient airflow could core-lock the engine.

Long legs, no auto throttles... Anyone who can't handle a 2 hr RJ flight without auto throttles should either get out now or plan on staying in the RJ forever. It only gets longer....

Last edited:
I don't think anyone dreams of being a 20 year TP capt. Nobody dreams of being a 20 year RJ capt either...so I still don't get your point.
Actually, there are (very few) personlities that are addicted to the RJ left seat, and can't fathom leaving that to go to a major to be somebody's FO. It's mentally impossible for these few to actually be FOs again. Their ego and attitude wouldn't allow it.

Actually, there are (very few) personlities that are addicted to the RJ left seat, and can't fathom leaving that to go to a major to be somebody's FO. It's mentally impossible for these few to actually be FOs again. Their ego and attitude wouldn't allow it.

HA! I know the type. Usually they think that they are flying a space shuttle mission. They love to write all over the paperwork and spend 10 minutes folding the release for a 45 min flight to BUF. Then after all that, they still don't fly SOP.

One of my "favorites" is the guy who said he didn't care about pay cuts, he would just pick up extra flying to cover the loss.

Ugh you're right. It's been a while since I'd flown with one, I had forgotten. Piedmont has them too, but they mostly have 20+years seniority.

I cant speak for a pilot but from a mechanics point of view... An airplane is an airplane is an airplane. I work on the barbie jet variety and if I am able to keep my job/QOL for 20+ years that would be fantastic. What is wrong with being happy with where you are?

Latest resources

Back